64-bit Vista

Does anyone know if V2.2.2b1809 runs on 64-bit Vista?

How about the CMA on 64-bit?

Thanks in advance.
  • i run in vista 32 bit.
    is running well. i dont have any problem yet.
    aranajoseluis
  • Wings and Widgets will *not* work on any 64 bit version of Windows. They depend on device drivers that are only available for 32 bit mode.
  • I have since bought the computer with 64-bit Vista.

As soon as I launch the CMA, it crashes every time. According to the Vista notification, the program stopped running. Here are the details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ContentManagementApplication.exe
    Application Version: 1.4.0.1699
    Application Timestamp: 482a0e7e
    Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791ada5
    Exception Code: e0434f4d
    Exception Offset: 000000000002649d
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
  • Like most programs, odds are it would require a special 64-bit version of the software.

I would suggest running in any type of 32-bit compatability mode if available.
  • [quote=SBlair]Like most programs, odds are it would require a special 64-bit version of the software.

I would suggest running in any type of 32-bit compatability mode if available.

Scott:

while it is possible to invoke specifically the 32-bit CLR via WOW64, strong-naming convention dictates that this option be set at compile time.

it's usually a simple matter of explicitly setting your Target Platform to x86, rather than the default of Any CPU.

so, more correctly, it requires software that claims it can run on "Any CPU" to be actually capable of doing so, free of x86 dependencies.

to expand on the previously-provided error details:

[code]System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
    Message: The type initializer for 'Highend.DL2.Management.Server.MainClass' threw an exception.

'ContentManagementApplication.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'
    'ContentManagementApplication.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HighEnd\Content Management Application\ContentManagementApplication.exe'
    'ContentManagementApplication.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HighEnd\Content Management Application\Highend.DL2.Tools.dll'
    A first chance exception of type 'System.BadImageFormatException' occurred in ContentManagementApplication.exe
    [/code]
    where BadImageFormatException would confirm the rejected attempt to load 32-bit code into 64-bit space. i'd guess the native wrappers in HighendManaged.dll, as that's the only non-ILONLY assembly.
Related