Selection Order In Group

Alrighty-

Playing with selection order inside of a group.

I've found the right-click column that allows me to sort the group by the selection order inside of it. This is already a huge help!

But say we're working with 10 desk channels (1-10), that are ordered, as the following: 1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,10

(1) If I wanted to take channel 10 and plop it in between 7 and 9, how would I do that? I know there's a reorder function, but it's only reordering my list in sequential order.

(2) If I apply a fan timing to "said group"...1-10 seconds...it DOES use the order recorded in the group. But if I sort it in reverse order in the programmer, why is it not doing my fan timing in reverse? Is this only a view option, which means it has no correlation to the programmin/recording aspect of the cue? Which means, I'd have to record a separate group with a different selection order...eh.

***Related Question, but Hog 2***

In Hog 3, there is a way to view the order of the channels in the groups (just talked about that above). What about in Hog 2? I know it will store the channels in a certain order in the group. But is there any way to view what that order is?

Thanks guys!
  • [QUOTE=lightboy]
    2) If I apply a fan timing to "said group"...1-10 seconds...it DOES use the order recorded in the group. But if I sort it in reverse order in the programmer, why is it not doing my fan timing in reverse? Is this only a view option, which means it has no correlation to the programmin/recording aspect of the cue? Which means, I'd have to record a separate group with a different selection order...eh.

To reverse it you could type time 10 thru 1 instead of 1 thru 10 and this should reverse it.
  • Jared, thanks for your reply...I know that's a viable solution to that one example.

My question however deals with applying fanning and effects to different "sort" options in the edit screen. For example, if I have a custom selection order, or a reverse selection order. Or, if I just sort by channel number instead and try to apply the effect or fan sequentially.

My instinct tells me the sort is only there for my viewing pleasure, and the actual order listed (and recorded into the group) prevails.
Related