iPC running 2.60 cannot change network settings

adamCORadamCOR Registered User
Hello Everyone,

I just plugged my iPC and laptop straigt into the back of a run of the mill Linksys wireless router. However, when I go to select the interface in the iPC control pannel, all of my options are grayed out (i.e. I cannot select anything except the loopback adapter). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
adam

Comments

• prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Adam-

You can put the router in line with the other two, but the first unit must be a switch. So the signal routing would be as follows: iPC to switch, linksys router to switch (if you were looking to use the laptop as an RFU),
    or laptop to switch (if you're just looking for an online backup).

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with hooking the two up?
  • adamCORadamCOR Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Patrick,

I'm trying to use the laptop as an RFU for my iPC which is located at FOH. Although I think that the physical network configuration is now OK, any suggestions why I cannot change anything in the control pannel (why it's all grayed out)?

thanks,
    adam
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like your network adapter on your iPC might be down. Do you get any kind of ethernet link lights on the back of the desk next to the ethernet jack?
    edited August 2008
    Chris,

The green light is always on and the yellow light comes on and flashes when the console is physically connected to the network.

thanks again,
    adam
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2008
    I would definitely check the 5 cat cable just to make sure the problem is not there. Also make sure you're not using a crossover cable.
    Marco
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2008
    You have to look very carefully when chaning network adpaters on any of the H3PC based consoles.

The menus don't appear to change to the correct adapter and IP...ie if you change the adapter and then go back into the menu it looks like it has not changed.

The best way to verify that the adapter has changed is to look at the IP address at the bottom of the process startup window on the left screen.

Hope this helps:)
    edited August 2008
    Marty,

I'm pretty sure that this issue is console specific, as when I plug our other IPC running the same software into the same network jack/cable/hookup, everything works fine and I'm able to choose the adapter and talk with other nodes running H3.

Any advice as to why this specifc IPC's options are greyed out and unavailable? It sounds like I may need to take it in.

more thanks,
    adam
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I would try and do a full ISO re-image of the desk to see if that brings back the option you are looking for.

Hope this helps:)