Technobeam LCD controller LCD screen issue

jwlillicojwlillico Registered User
edited August 2008 in Misc. Discussion
I recently obtained a Technobeam LCD controller in great condition, however the backlight on the screen is not working. I checked the menue and it is set up to be on high.. tried all setting and nothing. The display works fine but no backlight. Is this an easy painless fix??? Any help would be great.
Thanks

Comments

• muvmentmuvment Registered User
    edited July 2008
    if memory serves, there's a 2nd cable running from the lcd to the main board that provides power for the backlighting. Open up the top and check there.
  • jwlillicojwlillico Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I opened up the unit and discovered that the cable was disconnected and tagged "BAD"... I plugged it in and noticed that a few of the user keys and other buttons began to flicker. So I unplugged it and the controller went back to normal still minus the backlight. Makes me wonder even more! So, I think the something must be wrong with the backlight itself or the circuit. Any more ideas or options? Does anyone know if they still make the backlight or what the voltage is suposed to be to power the backlight.
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Contact Don Pugh @ lightparts.com or one of the control freaks @ Highend. Either ought to be able to help you.:)

Seriously I'd concider getting a DMX desk as parts for that unit are getting scarce by the day.
    edited August 2008
    If you need a new technobeam LCD controller, pm me, mine is going on the market soon, and it will be very inexpensive. I'll also sell my technobeams cheap, if you want another pair.

Alternatively, these controllers are rock solid and not difficult to work on, so it may not be that hard to fix whatever the problem is. I have a TB LCD, 3 ibeam LCDs, af1000 LCD, dataflash led, TD 12, & af1000 mini, and none of stayed dead for long. High End/Lightwave really built these units to survive a nuclear war. And they still remain the best controllers to run live shows for electronic music. Nothing on the market compares. If only Pangolin would make something similar for the laser market.
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited August 2008
    Replacing the display is the normal solution when the backlight goes out.
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the help and the LCD now funtions... NOW I have a stuck button that I need to replace... Does anyone have any?
    Thanks
    edited August 2008
    which key do u need, what color, and how many LEDs are on it, if any?
    edited August 2008
    Hello,
    It is a gray one with an arrow and does not have an LED.
    Thanks
    Jason
    edited August 2008
    Is it an up or down arrow? If so, I've got one to spare. PM me.