Multiple playback and timecode problem

Hi all,

I was hoping you guys could help me w/ a problems I'm having with multiple playbacks. I'm running on a Hog3PC - not sure what version it is, but it is fairly recent since it has marked cues [Edit - version 2.4.0].

My show is setup where I have a main cuelist in one playback and a couple other playbacks that contain cues that happen during fades of the main cuelist.

My issue is that all these cuelists will control the same fixture although not at the same time. I'll try to diagram it below, but essentially, if the secondary cue list is executing and the main cuelist executes the next cue, the fixture will grab the values from the main cuelist temporarily. I have checked that there is no hard parameters values in the main cuelist that would cause the fixture to go dark.

Fixture(s):
Desk Channel 1 (DC1)
Desk Channel 2 (DC2)

Playbacks:
Playback 1 (PB1)
Playback 2 (Secondary) (PB2)
Both are controlled by timecode

I'm trying to simplify the situation in my head, so I'm not completely sure if it will happen as is.

Situation 1:
1. PB1 sets DC1 to 50% in 0 sec
2. PB1 sets DC1 to 0% in 0 sec
3. PB2 sets DC1 to 100% in 2 sec
4. PB1 sets DC2 to 30% (while PB2 is fading up) in 0 sec
5. PB2 sets DC1 to 0% in 3 sec

In time line format
[code]
Time: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
PB1: 1 2 4
PB2: 3 5
[/code]

In this scenario, what I see is that DC1 is still 0, even in the output window. I have to double check when the cues executes in relationship in each other. I think that PB2 executes slightly ahead of PB1 because I can see the lamp start to burn on.

Situation 2:
PB1 (Master)
PB2 (Chase)

If we have a HTP chase on the topwash that is executing before hand, and then the master cuelist advances, again, the top will all go to 0 (since that is the tracked value from PB1). In the source section of the window, I can see that the source for the top washes will alternate between PB1 and PB2.

-------------------------------------

In retrospect, this behaviour doesn't always happen. Again, I'm pretty sure that the master cuelist does not have hard parameters for those fixtures when the troublesome cue executes. One way to fix the problem is to set the secondary cuelist to be a higher priority. However, this doesn't work because then the main cuelist cannot control the fixtures any longer.

I guess my main question is how does playback gaining control of the same fixtures work, even if only one of the playbacks has hard parameters for that fixture at that particular time?

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing here?

-------------------------------------

My second question is related to timecode. I saw somebody have a similar question in this forum. Basically, when the console reaches the end of the console, it will try to release to go to the first cue, no matter what settings I try in the cuelist settings. The only way to fix this is to end a blank cue which is annoying to add and remove during programming. Is there any way to make it stay in the last cue and not release?

Thanks for the help!

Giovanni Go
Related