Splitting of Output Window

foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
edited January 2011 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
Hi,

I've tried splitting the Output Window, wanting to spread it over 2 external monitors and realise that this is not possible. :dunno: Is this a bug or the Output Window is not ready for splitting yet? :confused: Am working with v2.6 software.

Comments

• PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited July 2008
    This is not a bug. As far as I know only windows with palettes can split.
  • foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    I do hope that they will think about splitting the Output Window in future as it will be nice to see all my fixtures in my 2 External Screen when I'm running the show. I believe 1 output window is always too small to fit in all the fixtures for most of the users.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited July 2008
    This would definetely be usefull. Also when programming large rigs, two programmer screens would be great.
  • hagberg.dkhagberg.dk Registered User
    edited July 2008
    … also split the cuelist and programmer window… it could be nice.

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    or maybe tabs in output window by fixture type and a custom tab where you can choose the fixtures (and maybe parameters) you want to see in output.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    All,

Enhancements #9979 and #9980 both are about implementing split views for the output and editors. It seems that the original software was not designed with splitting these windows as it is a bit more complicated than others. This is due to the fact that editors and output windows receive feedback from the DPs.

We do plan to implement the split ability in the future for these windows however.
  • Richard RasmussenRichard Rasmussen Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2011
    I also think the ability to split the output window would be helpful. I'm running 3.1.7 and pretty sure it's not possible.
    Thanks