Touch acting up

kfc469kfc469 Registered User
I'm having some problems with the touch button on an iPC running the newest version of Hog3. We have 7 VL3000 Spots and whenever I select them and touch them, the iPC pulls out all of the gobos and color. For example, on the output screen, before I push touch, gobo 1 is listed as having "pebbles" in it, but after I push touch, it is listed as "open." The same goes for many of the other parameters (not intensity or color though). In the past, touch has just pulled what is being outputted into the programmer. Has this changed?

Before the question is asked, no High Light is not pushed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Kevin,

This is interesting... it sound like bug #11196 "Touching large number of fixtures after playback changes output for some units" Can you send us your show file for further testing? http://upload.highend.com

A comment in the bug says "This doesn't reproduce every time but it seems to be likely to occur after playing or releasing a cue." Did you do the touch right after a GO or release?

thanks,
  • kfc469kfc469 Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I had just stepped into a cue when it happened, I don't know if that would be different from pushing GO in the bug report. I just tried to come back and try to make it happen again, but I couldn't. I uploaded the show file for you, it happened at cue 94. I'll let you know if it happens again, but for now, it seems to be working.

Thanks
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Thanks Kevin.

I have received the show file... the bug that I mentioned does say that the problem is intermittent and hard to reproduce.
  • kfc469kfc469 Registered User
    edited July 2008
    just to let you know, it did happen about two more times during the course of an entire week of hard programming. all I had to do to fix it each time was jump back and forth between cue and then touch again. unfortunately, I don't have a more recent version of the show file or anything I can send you. But, the good news is that it happens rarely and if it does happen, all you have to do to fix it is jump back one cue and then jump forwards.