Console keypad

cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
Console IPC
Sofware 2063
Date 2 july 2008

Anybody see any strange behaviour with the keypad in this release?
Trying to patch a superwidget today with a few desk channels was very difficult and trying the console refusing to recognise random keypad numbers.
It was all fine patching the internal widget just the superwidget where the problems started.
Is this fixed in the latest release or was it an issue at all.
This is on two different IPC consoles.

Thanks C

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited July 2008
    Were you viewing by DP in the patch window or did you have any other windows open? It might be a window focus issue where you were trying to type into the cmd line but it kept trying to enter cell values for a drop down menu or something like that.
  • pauldubpauldub Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I too have had some keypad issues.

I just upgraded to 2.6 from 2.4 and i the operator on a gig last night has had nothing but troubles. At least 5 or 6 crashes, and the desk keys occasionally stops working and the desk needs to be restarted.

The external keyboard continues to work when the desk buttons do not.

Im using a roadhog, the only thing different that has been done is we had to make 1 new fixture profile. Not sure if this is the cause of the bug?

The desk freezes or stops allowing keystrokes at random intervals on different processes.

Unfortunately i am away for the next 4 weeks so i can not check this out myself or look at any logs.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Paul,

Do you know if any USB devices are plugged into the console? You mention an external keyboard, do you happen to remember the type?

thanks,
  • pauldubpauldub Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Yes the only USB Device was a flexible roll up keyboard, not sure what brand but defiantly a cheap keyboard.

However i have used this on every job ive had the consol with, about 3 months worth. I just received information that the desk crashed 15 times, often when left in the patch window or when trying to open the patch window,

The crashes only occurred during programming and the desk was fine for playback
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Thanks Paul,

When you are able to send a show file that will help us find this problem.