Graphic engine Problem?

gwcwc3pogwcwc3po Registered User
edited July 2008 in DL.3/DL.2
Hi everyone,

Currently i'm using 2 Dl.2 in a nightclub in Montreal. Since 1 week or so, one Dl.2 is losing Green on everything and i see some red stripe in the image, at first i throught it was my S-video signal but when i switched to stock content it had the same problem. I found a way to solve this issue. The solution is by restarting the Graphic engine systeme each hour since the problem come 1 hour after we start it. I just want to know if there something to do to solve the problem permanently?

Thanks, Anthony

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I would check to see that your connections to the graphics card are tight and the connections to the back of the projector as well.

What model video card do your units have? (go to Onscreen Stats to find out)
  • gwcwc3pogwcwc3po Registered User
    edited July 2008
    You sure that it could be the connection? Since when i hit Graphic systeme restart on the board all the problem are gone away for about 1 hour.

Ill check friday for the graphic card.
    edited July 2008
    also check to see what software you are running....the most current is v1.4.0
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    It sounds like either a video card issue or a connection issue. The fact that it resets itself everytime you cycle the computer indicates a possible bad video card.

Check your connections and wiggle all the connections some while watching the output to make sure it isn't just a bad connection of some type.
    edited July 2008
    Okay well I have a chance to check the connections friday, ill post to see what I found

Thanks guys!
    edited July 2008
    Okay, i'm back from the night club. I checked the connection and it's all good! So the last thing it could be is the Graphic card problem. 1 thing I found out when doing Graphic system reset is that when your dl.2 is in motion and you reboot it, ( I have cue's on both dl.2 in the same time that make my screen move) when it's in motion, if it reboot the Signal you send or anything you wanna use as an image is only going in the Lcd on the Dl.2 and the Menu of the dl.2 is in projection. Im maybe not clear but Projection and the lcd Swap signal lets say.. So the only way to see the menu is by opening the iris and project it on a wall or something. I know that if you do a Graphic reset again without the dl.2 moving it reset normally without that bug. Just want to let you know guys.

Anthony.
    edited July 2008
    Are your fixtures set to "preview" mode on the display??.....if so this can cause problems....set it to either "on" or "off".

Also check the model of your video card to be sure you have the DVI plugged in to the proper port.