Full Boar USB Drive

BrianSDavisBrianSDavis Registered User
Using a Full Boar...

I plug in a scandisk usb flash drive, and the stick reads fine. When I plug in a PNY Attache flash drive, the drive flashes a few times, and then I can't find it in the file browser. I plug that same PNY flash drive into a computer and it reads the flash drive fine. Any thoughts?

Brian

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Brian,

Can you post the full specs and model on the drive that is not working?

thanks,
  • BrianSDavisBrianSDavis Registered User
    edited June 2008
    http://www2.pny.com/8GB-NEW-ATTACH-USB-20-FLASH-DRIVE-P2665C53.aspx

Have tried two of these in a full boar. Both of them didn't function, though they were working fine on a vista pc, and on a xp pc.

Have one of these:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2468)-SDCZ6-8192-A11-SanDisk_Cruzer_Micro_8GB_Black.aspx

That works fine in all of the pc's and the full boar. Any thoughts? I mean other than returning the PNY's and getting sandisks...
  • holesinthedarkholesinthedark Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Have a USB drive from a Full Boar. The one that came with the console.
    I put it in my laptop and move a file to it. ( Files are on a Mac ) I can see the drive no problem and the file copies to it fine. Put it on the console and the console cant see the drive. Took the drive out and reformatted it to PC, put the file on it, put it in the console. Still cant see it.
    Any ideas?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I bet that the mac is stipping the extensions off the show file. it should be filename.hog3.tar.gz sometimes the .gz gets removed and then the console will not see the file.
  • holesinthedarkholesinthedark Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hi Brad
    Thank you I'll give it a go this afternoon when I see the console again. Keep you posted.
    Regards
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2010
    Yes, the Mac will strip some of the extensions needed. Generally, I try to create anything that will be used for Hog's in Parallels so that it keeps information intact.

Most of the time, you can just add in the extension on the Mac and be fine.