Flashing choose button.

ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
Hello,

Is it possible to get a command macro that will start flashing a choose button of a master (like a reminder). Let's say the command FC6 will flash the choose button of master 6.

I came with this, because I am running now a show with a lot of effect and bumbs (manual steps) on different masters, and I have to learn this show to another operator. With this function the desk will tell you witch master you have to run.

What do guys think about this?

ejberendsen

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Interesting.. lets see what everyopne else thinks...
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    if I'm not mistaken in the old hog II we had the option to make a comment pop up at a certain moment triggered by a cue. If we could have this option back, it might be helpful when we are taking over some else's show.
    thanks Marco
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited June 2008
    yes it could be use full, and we could have FC6/60 to flash choose button of master 6 at 60 BPM.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Would that work in conjuction with choose, play for setting chase speeds ? Could that work with FX speeds as well? I see the option for a Vegas mode enabled by comment macros. Could be very interesting.
  • prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I agree that the idea of a macro to make a pop-up window appear would be great or that of a function that would make the choose button flash would also be great. The comment window appearing is more apparent, but both options would be good.
  • ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    I like the comment window also, but it will be annoying when you have to close the window by hand and you need a function so that you can choose on which screen the comment window will appear. So both options (flashing choose buttons and comment window) will be good, the user can choose then which option he will use.

ejberendsen
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I'd think though, that you would want it to have a finite time for how long it flashed, otherwise you'd have a flashing master that potentially would keep on flashing if it didn't receive the "stop" macro.

I like the idea though, def. helps with turn key programming.
  • ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    Hello guy's

will this function get implemented in the future? Is it on the request list?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Ejberenden,

While it is possible that some feature will come of this discussion in the future, no specific item has been logged yet. However just being discussed in this forum will keep the topic active for the future. I am working on some new specifications now and will keep this concept in mind.

Keep the suggestions coming...
  • snowmansnowman Registered User
    edited August 2008
    why not just use the macro CMX (Choose Master X), this dosnt do anything attention grabbing like a pop up window just changes what master is selected, but but for showing someone else what to hit next it would work