Strike/douse lamps

Socal_QSocal_Q Registered User
Hey guys,
I am working with a show that was built a while ago for me but the strike/douse cuelist was not yet done. I don't know how to go in and manually striks/douse the moving heads, so i want to learn how to, and then program a cuelist for a lamp strike and a lamp douse so it is easy for the other users on the console to strike/douse all of the moving heads. Also i can't seem fo figure out how to switch the console type on HOG 3PC, and i haven't found it in the user manual either.

Thanks,
Zack

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    Zack,

Please don't program the list. I will do it with you on Saturday so you can see how to do it.

As far as changing console type, what do you mean? There aren't variations of consoles in Hog3PC.

J
  • edited June 2008
    > As far as changing console type, what do you
    > mean? There aren't variations of consoles in Hog3PC.

He's probably thinking of something like ETC's Expression offline editor, where you have to setup the software to emulate a specific console.

That's not required on a hog. Every console has the same capabilities and can read the same showfiles. You may have to tweak the patch for a specific console depending on what perhipherials you have, but that's generally a pretty quick operation.

To the first question:
    Strike and Douse are available under the "control" button. Clear your programmmer, select the fixtures you want to strike, and press the "control" key. You'll se a menu of options pop up.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited June 2008
    Keep in mind that every strike is equivelant to about 3 hours of lamp life, and every hour of lamp on time reduces the color temperature about 1 degree kelvin.

One good reason you want to be careful about programming and using strike and douse cuelists.

"Cool as a moose"
    Cat
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    The reason for the strike/douse lists in this application is that it is generally being run by volunteers and it's much easier for them to trigger a touch-screen cuelist than selecting fixtures and using the control menu. The strike and douse lists also trigger macros for other operations that they won't need to worry about.

This is a new installation that is not quite finished yet (to say the least), but the powers that be have decided to get a temp. occupancy and "soft-open" the building while most of the programming hasn't been even started.