Server will not start on XP SP3 with Kaspersky

I've upgraded to 2.5 (after having to use the MS util to uninstall 2.4) and now the server will not start saying " The Show Server is not responding. Would you like to wait" (Nothing shows up in the launcher window either (launching playback, desktop, etc))- I use Kaspersky 7 Anti-Virus, and I know that it's somehow interferring, yet the problem only seems to go away when I uninstall the AV application. It's not an off the wall AV app, so I don't really know why it's going crazy with not working. Prior to this, I just created an exclusion zone for the FP folder within the program files folder and all was well ... not so much anymore. Did any of the files move (server, desktop, launcher, etc )all seem to be in the same place.

:eek:
  • Could a setting within the AV software not be allowing Hog 3 to work. Sometimes when you install new software, you need to approve it (or something like that) with the AV software. For you, you might need to redefine the exclusion zone, because some files may be different.

If you respond "Yes" to the "would you like to wait" does the server eventually startup? You could try disabling the AV software during your show.
  • It's much more likely that the main server is starting, and then hanging, because it can't get to the network. Many AV programs these days advertise themselves as "Internet Protection" suites, and insinuate themselves into the network stack to perform those functions. I don't use Kaspersky, so I don't know if that's the case with that AV application, but I would look for something relating to permission/exceptions to access the internet within the AV control panels. One would think, however, that it would be prompting you for permission, instead of just silently blocking it.

Hope that helps.
  • I've tried disabling almost everything inside and trying to load .. nothing works without uninstalling. I sent in a help desk ticket, just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already did it.

It is the best AV software I've ever used, so I don't want to just go back to norton or mcafee ...
Related