problem in axon black screens

pablitopablito Registered User
edited August 2011 in Axon HD
I have problems with my apparatus when igniting only leaves it in the screens black and it shoots with an arrow of mouse

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    Sounds to me like what happens when you upgrade the video card without first doing a system restore to upgrade the XPe to put the drivers in....see this link:

http://www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/BootFailure.asp

Hope this helps.
  • Juay0004Juay0004 Registered User
    edited August 2011
    I am now experiencing the same symptoms after using the latest recovery burned to a DVD.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Hi Ming,

What version were you upgrading from? Is the hard drive LED (yellow LED on front of the Axon case) showing any activity?
    edited August 2011
    schiefels;56227 said:
    Hi Ming,

What version were you upgrading from? Is the hard drive LED (yellow LED on front of the Axon case) showing any activity?
    am using software version 1.5.1.2025
    was initially using version 2.0.1 something but it was different from the other Axon units that my company have so I tried using the latest software upgrade from the support page but it was unable to complete the upgrade and says that some script in the installer package was unable to run.
    After that I used the recovery disc that came with my units and it became version 1.5.1.2025 and XPe v3.3.0. and the yellow light doesn't seem to show any hard disk activity.

After which I used the latest recovery disc that I burned (v3.4.0), there was a resealing process and some batch file was running in a window and it got stuck for a long while while installing some files for BlackMagic firmware update. After a couple of minutes the script window closes and a small dialogue box pop up saying system shutdown.
    And attempts to boot up the Axon after the whole process gave the mentioned symptoms.
    edited August 2011
    Juay0004;56228 said:
    am using software version 1.5.1.2025
    was initially using version 2.0.1 something but it was different from the other Axon units that my company have so I tried using the latest software upgrade from the support page but it was unable to complete the upgrade and says that some script in the installer package was unable to run.
    After that I used the recovery disc that came with my units and it became version 1.5.1.2025 and XPe v3.3.0. and the yellow light doesn't seem to show any hard disk activity.

After which I used the latest recovery disc that I burned (v3.4.0), there was a resealing process and some batch file was running in a window and it got stuck for a long while while installing some files for BlackMagic firmware update. After a couple of minutes the script window closes and a small dialogue box pop up saying system shutdown.
    And attempts to boot up the Axon after the whole process gave the mentioned symptoms.
    just attached the shutdown popup screenshot.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Ming,

The Shutdown pop-up is part of the imaging process and completely normal. So after this screen pops up, you're saying it reboots and then does nothing? Do you get a cursor on the screen?
    edited August 2011
    schiefels;56230 said:
    Ming,

The Shutdown pop-up is part of the imaging process and completely normal. So after this screen pops up, you're saying it reboots and then does nothing? Do you get a cursor on the screen?

Yes. It reboots and shows the black screen with the mouse cursor.
    edited August 2011
    Any idea whats going on?
    edited August 2011
    Do you have 1 or 2 monitors attached when you do this?
    It is probably worth a call to support to get you sorted out more quickly.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited August 2011
    I have 2 monitors attached.

Contacted High End regarding my SDI input card as there is a mixed up and also raised this issue. But the reply from them seems to be slow and leaving out the latter topic.
    So i thought of getting some help from the forum.
    edited August 2011
    Do you have an older AXON that did not originally have an SDI card in it, and now there is one?

I've had some issues with these older units as well.

Easiest thing to do is remove the SDI card.
    Re-image the server.
    Test that everything works OK.
    Re-install SDI card.
    Re-image and re-test again.

A bit tedious but has been "tried and true" for me every time.

edited August 2011
    Marty Postma;56284 said:
    Do you have an older AXON that did not originally have an SDI card in it, and now there is one?

I've had some issues with these older units as well.

Easiest thing to do is remove the SDI card.
    Re-image the server.
    Test that everything works OK.
    Re-install SDI card.
    Re-image and re-test again.

A bit tedious but has been "tried and true" for me every time.

Thanks Marty.
    High End just got back to me with some instructions. Will give their instructions a try first. =)