Reports

I work mainly in theatre and rock and roll. In the theatre world we love paperwork. Generating reports on a HOG 2 is fine but I want to have some sort of control over the data. I can print in .PS files and then convert them to .PDF or print direct using PCL. In the PDF I can't edit the data and of course with the paper copy all I can do is scribble all over it.

I have tried to use the text dump file that the HOG 2 generates too but when I load that into Excel for example it can't load the file as there are too many columns.

The ideal situation would be to get a .PS or .txt file into Excel so that I can create vertical and horizontal look ups to gather data. Basically I want to find stuff like what units are in a position pallete and is it used in the show.

Has anyone found a good way to do this?
  • I just tried to cut and paste some information from a cue list information out of a PDF that I created using Acrobat Standard. I then pasted it into Excel. It worked fine but all of the info from one line in the cue list spreadsheet is put into one cell in Excel. It's somewhat useful, I guess they're would definitely be some cleanup needed.....

Eric
Related