DP's Crashing when loading show...

lightkidlightkid Registered User
Hey ya..

so I'm at a lovely festival somewhere in germany and have had several dp croakers today.

number of connected dps: 2 (at least at the wyg/spare) console.

I've attached a pic. always happened when reloading shows.
SW is 2.5.0

Cheers!

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Denis,

What is your network setup? What type of switch? Are you running DHCP? More information about the setup would be helpful. Do you have WYG connected with the same DP# as a real DP?
  • lightkidlightkid Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Hi Brad,

>What is your network setup?
    Well... Console -> Switch -> 2x DP2000 for wyg and
    Console -> Switch -> 3x DP2k for live

>What type of switch?
    I dont know the type of the switch top off my head. but we're having the issues here with 2 different switches (one hp procurve and the other is something from 3com).

>Are you running DHCP?
    Yes.

>More information about the setup would be helpful. Do you have WYG connected with the same DP# as a real DP?
    well... wyg doesnt play in that game as well cuz the wyg connectivity driver is too slow to do what we need to do. I output my dmx out of the dps and have wyg running in a seperate network with an elc node8 as artnet node.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Are you still seeing this Denis? Can you send me your show file?

thanks,
    edited June 2008
    Yes. I even had a chance to see when this was happening. usually when restarting the console or logging off the show - not when loading a new show.

I'll send ya one of the showfiles later on by mail.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited June 2008
    Denis

Brad passed the show file to Chris and I in the test lab. We loaded the show and have logged on and off many times without the DTLB error.
    We will continue to look at this.
    edited June 2008
    usually this happened after burning a backup and having to restart the console completely because the linux did not unmount the cd drive properly everytime.