Road Hog third monitor

Ozzy1Ozzy1 Registered User
Hi,

Firstly, can I just say thanks to you guys at HES for making the USB to VGA adapter possible for the Road Hog, its so useful!

I have one question though. Having read the information on the adapter on the install instructions on flyingpig.com it says that it is only possible to connect one adapter. Can I ask why this is and if there is any real reason that a future software version could not include the use of 2 of these adapters allowing for 2 external monitors. As we know from the Hog3 software it can support 2 monitors so surely it is only a case of a software alteration. (I am no expert as you can probably tell so sorry if I am not correct)

Thanks for your time,

Oz Andrews

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Hi Oz,

It is my understanding that there are essentially two reasons that the Roadhog is able to use only one additional external monitor. The first being the limited number of USB ports on the console, if a user is wants to use an additional playback wing or super widget then one of those would go to one of the rear USB ports and the other would go to the external monitor. In line with the first reason, secondly, please keep in mind that the RoadHog is set at a lower price point because it doesn't have all of the features that a Roadhog FULL BOAR or Wholehog 3 possess. Not all users need that kind of 'horse power'

Hope this helps explain it a little better.:hogsign:
    Take care,
    p
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I'm curious to know if the Matrox Dual Head to Go would work with the USB-VGA adaptor to allow the additional monitor output to be split. This works fine on the IPC, doesn't work for touch-screen capability but will work fine for two additional discrete monitors instead of one.

Eric
  • Mika_AusMika_Aus Registered User
    edited June 2008
    By reading your post it looks like the console supports a super widget. Is this true? If you plug in a playback it gives you additonal usb ports. One screen is great 2 screens is better. and additional out ut would be great.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Michael,

you said "By reading your post it looks like the console supports a super widget. Is this true?"

This is true for the Road Hog Full Boar and Hog iPC. The regular Road Hog does not support additional widgets. With the Full Boar or Hog iPC you can gain up to four additional outputs through USB widgets or unlimited through Ethernet.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2008
    erock wrote:
    I'm curious to know if the Matrox Dual Head to Go would work with the USB-VGA adaptor to allow the additional monitor output to be split. This works fine on the IPC, doesn't work for touch-screen capability but will work fine for two additional discrete monitors instead of one.

Eric

My guess (and this is just a guess) is that this will not work b/c I believe the output resolution is locked to 800x600.
    edited June 2008
    Marty,
    You said "My guess (and this is just a guess) is that this will not work b/c I believe the output resolution is locked to 800x600"

The USB-VGA adapter is not locked at 800x600 there are actually several resolutions availalbe. However this does not imply that it will or will not work with the dual head-to-go...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Good to know Brad. Thanks.

I am probably just confusing it with the fact that the main screens and the screens on the new wings are locked to 800x600.:friday:
  • Mika_AusMika_Aus Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I got my iogear usb adapter today and the resolution default for the monitor I plugged is 1300 x ?? I cant remember but The issue I was having is that lining up the screens the mouse would only go form one screen to the new on at the bottom of the new screen. I dropped the resolution and that fixed the issue. One question though is can you change where the screen is located either on the left or the right of the console. And Yes I knbow you just pick it up and move it. But so that the mouse goes onto the screen ect ect.
  • Ozzy1Ozzy1 Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I was just about to ask the same question? I have played around for a while but have found no way yet.
    edited June 2008
    The option to change the screen orientation has been logged and is planned for the future.. we hope to implement it soon.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Can a ELO touch LCD be used with the IOgear adapter on a Road Hog?
  • Ozzy1Ozzy1 Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Yes it does allow you to use an ELO touch screen,

Oz:hogsign: