DL.3s wobble and they won't come back

Vguard420Vguard420 Registered User
edited June 2008 in DL.3/DL.2
So here's an interesting problem I've been having... I've found you can nudge the pan or tilt on a DL.3 quite a bit.. and it won't correct back... the only way to get it to go back is to re home or give it a good push (more than a couple of clicks) and it goes back to its position. you can move it a good 15-20 degrees before it figures out what's going on and goes back..
and this issue has carried across the last few firmware updates

anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Perform a "Calibrate Motors" from the actual fixture to sort of re-align the encoders.....usually only takes about 3-5 minutes to complete.

Hope this helps:)
  • Vguard420Vguard420 Registered User
    edited June 2008
    i've been through all the obvious troubleshooting (re-cal, clean, re image) but still having this issue
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Are you running the newest v1.4.0 software? or something older?

I have seen this before on both DL.2s and DL.3s and I have always been able to remedy it by going under: TEST -- HOME -- CALIBRATE MOTORS from the actual fixture but I have only done this in versions prior to 1.4.0:confused:
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Joby,

This is correct behavior. The DL.2/DL.3 must be pushed out of position by a certain amount on both pan and tilt before it will correct back to its original position.

Regards,
  • Vguard420Vguard420 Registered User
    edited June 2008
    So I guess in the end the solution is to home pan/tilt before creating any sort of positions...

just out of curiosity, why are the units are allowed to be moved without them correcting themselves