Hog III does not shut down or restart

Robert WitRobert Wit Registered User
Hi,

I have problems with a Hog III not restarting or shutting down properly, the problem occurs when an external usb keyboard is attached.

The keyboard itself works fine connected to an usb port on the rear panel of the hog3, but not with a converter to ps2.
It's a Keysonic nano keyboard type ACK-3400U.

I checked it also with a usb hub but this did't make any difference. Is it something with the driver and if so, can we fix this?

best regards,

Robert

Comments

• PureLitePureLite Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Hi

I had the same problem with a Logitech-keyboard: no shut down, just this one works on the PS2...
    The biggest Problem about this is, that the HOG3 doesn't have a "resetbutton", so when this occurs you can do nothing else than go to the catering and wait until the batterie is dead... not always a good solution....:dunno:

greetz

michael
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited June 2008
    To be clear... USB is NOT OKAY but USB to PS2 OKAY?
  • Robert WitRobert Wit Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Nope, using the USB leads to problems closing the Hog down, in my case the ps2 does't work with my keyboard...
  • BodhiBodhi Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Actually, besides screwing up shutdown/restart, this keyboard also prevented a back up desk to recognise the attached faderwings properly.

Bhagat
    edited June 2008
    I will pass all of this information on to development. It is probably because of a compatability issue with the Linux kernel we are using and the driver for that keyboard model.
    edited June 2008
    Yes... on mine (Logitech) only USB is a problem, USB--> PS2 no problem.
    USB leads to shut down problem, everything else ok...

michael
    edited June 2008
    Users seeing this problem should post the model number and brand of their keyboard in this forum and I will add it to the bug report (bug #11897) so we can make sure we get these USB keyboards working properly.
    edited June 2008
    so...took me a while: Logitech Ultra-Flat Keyboard: Y-BP62a

thx
    michael
  • BodhiBodhi Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Not sure if it is related, but

H3 2.6
    1 DP
    2 Elo touchscreens
    1 faderwing
    1 PS2 keyboard ( same brand as in earlier post by Robert, but not usb this time)

This happened once. During back up of my show, all screens went black, and the desk did not respond to anything anymore. Only the trackball worked, since I could move the cross around. Switching the desk off and then on again had no result. After a while pulling the powercord and plugging back in restarted the desk.
    I really hate this kind of stuff happening.

Bhagat
  • rbrighamrbrigham Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    I've been seeing the same as Bhagat.

HogIII (seen in last OS release, as well as current)
    1 - Elo touchscreen
    2 - playback miniwings
    *No keyboard at all*

During backups, randomly, at about 10% complete on progress bar, all windows will close to black screens. I can bring up the running processes windows, but as soon as that windows comes up, the console locks up hard (no response to keys or mouse). I can pull power, and console will shutdown immediately (no delay from backup battery). On reboot, saved showfile is corrupt, or course. I can then backup as normal.

This screen blackout seems to be related to uptime, as it doesn't happen after a fresh reboot. The symptoms seem to be exactly what Bhagat has, but without the keyboard common denominator.

Cannot repro on command, but has now happened dozens of times in the last couple of months.

-Bob Brigham
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2008
    THanks for the information about the problems during backup. We will run some tests ASAP to see if we can reproduce this problem.