RGB LEDs

So, on an RGB LED fixture I can program using the CMY encoders and have the ability to use the Intensity encoder too, or I can program using the Red, Green, and Blue encoders under the Intensity parameters, but can not use the Intensity wheel with this.
Here's my question....I noticed that the LEDs on a SHOWGUN can be programed using Red, Green, and Blue encoders along with a Master LED Intenisty encoder. Why can't an RGB LED fixture have a Master Intensity parameter that will work when programming using RGB and not CMY?
  • I believe it has alot to do with the way an LED fixture is designed and manufactured. There are some companies that add the extra functionality in the LED to have a separate intensity control channel. As we all know all DMX fixtures are driven by a predetermined number of control parameters and if the manufacturer doesn't add the function you won't have it available to use.
  • I have the same issues!

I have done a recent thread about this. A Thomas Pixel Par has a 4th Intensity channel but the Hog3 definition for it puts the intensity always to full and the desk deals with the RGB/CMY dimming as you mention above!

I have made my own definition but have the ball ache of merging it into my show's when I want to use it.

I actually prefer to us RGB instead of CMY but it looks like someone else doesn't agree!

S
  • I won't say I know why it is done this way, but my thought is this. The CMY (hue and saturation as well) have to use "intensity" as a channel, not as a color. Because you are using the RGB of let's say a colorblast 12, those being three intensities, you have to choose your option. So the instrument cannot choose both the RGB (technically it's own intensity) and/or CMY (w/ intensity) parameters. As it is, I prefer to use the color picker wheel anyway, just to make it quicker.

Whereas, in the showgun it is more of a color choice as opposed to intensity?

I only get peaved when all I want is let's say "corporate blue" and nothing else, and I cannot program between cues to have intensity at full and just choose blue without mixing it technically.
  • I work for an AV company that purchased 30 of the ColorBlast 12 TR's. I was disapointed that on the HOG 1000 console that we own there was one Fixture in the Library. To my dismay it takes the 3 channels and loads them as Intensity channels. Which to me is useless for a LED Color Mixing Fixture.

After some trial and error I found the CMY Fixture in the Generic List. It loads the 3 channels in as Color Channels. This now allows me to use the Color Effects in the Effects Engine.

Again after some trial and error, I discovered that if you set the Fader (under the OPTIONS Tab), to "Crossfade IFCB" The fixtures work, and you are able to use the fader for intensity.

I am now doing a rather large show that loads in at midnight on Saturday night on a Road Hog, and I have set up my ColorBlaze 72's, and ColorBlast 12 TR's the same way.

Problem is I cant find any Option to customize the fader to "Crossfade IFCB" in the CueList window. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John
  • John, it's really simple. I'll give you both options, starting with what I use for my Colorblasts and Blazes. Instead of using the Crossfade IFCB option (unless you want to use that for other options including moving heads/mirrors), just load them as RGB LED's under the generic fixtures. Those will give you options for color via CMY, intensity color via RGB and/or the color wheel using Hue and Saturation on the Hog3 software. It also allows you to literally say fixture 1@full (or any intensity) and then pick a color in the color picker to use. It's a great addition to the library.

Otherwise, if you want to use crossfade IFCB, it's now called crossfade IPCB and is under the specific fader options. Pig+choose your fader and open the options on the upper left. In the master area, choose in the fader dropdown menu IPCB crossfade.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need to know more about the RGB LED option instead. I think you'll like it much better. You can either PM me or just talk on here.
  • There are some interesting LED solutions in the market, allied at interesting throw ability and light projection for high power LED RGB lights.

One such company that recently seems to be on the rise in this high power market is LedsUniverse, at least popping up on Google searches related to high power.

Anybody heard anything about this company or tried their products? They might be worth checking out if what they state is true. It appears they have high-quality high power RGB LED. Their outdoor LED wash lights has the luminous efficacy of 50 lumen/W. Are you looking for LED wash lights replacement? I think LedsUniverse’s LED wall washer lights and RGB LED high power are reliable.

• Motor sports are getting popular in the United States & Europe. NASCAR, former spectator sports in South Australia, is now spreading all over the country. That fan is constantly looking for other motor sports to enjoy when NASCAR is not in the racing season. In many cases, this means that fans are building their own optical racer tracking for the race on weekends and evening. These homemade truck shakers return to the origin of NASCAR racing when men gather together along the rural road in Florida Daytona Beach, or south, and descend a professional car at Daytona Beach. If you are creating your own track, you might want to make it possible to do the night of the race, but if you do the appropriate racecourse lighting, you can do that. LED race track lighting systems are used in many ways regardless of their race track lighting fixtures or LED race arena lights. Different lights have different characteristics and different advantages, depending on the nature of their use. Learn more about some of the LED race track lights. Due to advances in lighting technology, most of sellers and manufacturers in the lighting industry are providing LED lighting to their customers, making LED lighting easier for users to use. One of the most trendy lighting in this industry is LED Race Tracking Lighting. Because the race track has a lifetime and the power consumption is low, I use these lights.
  • If you take a closer look at LED Lights, you can find unlimited possibility. The High Power LED Stadium Lights & Sports Lighting can be applied to Port, Sports Stadium, Airport, Apron, Tennis Court, Basketball Court, Warehouse, Construction Site and etc.
Related