Whole Hog 2 Keyboard

BrianSDavisBrianSDavis Registered User
Does anyone know what kind of plug is on the external keyboard for the Whole Hog 2?

I'm currently having an issue. I bought a usb keyboard and several adapters to try to get the whole thing to work, however, I can't get an external keyboard to function.

I've currently got a A/T Male to female PS/2 adapter, and then a PS/2 to USB adapter. This isn't working. I've additionally tried a PS/2 keyboard in the A/T male adapter, and this also isn't working. Am I forgetting something? Is my dream of a USB keyboard unatainable?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited May 2008
    As far as I know, USB keyboards will never work, no matter the adapter.
    You will need to find a PS2 keyboard, and then your adapter should work.

Joshua Wood
  • BrianSDavisBrianSDavis Registered User
    edited May 2008
    now I've also tried the PS/2 keyboard with no luck. Le sigh.
  • edited May 2008
    Hi Brian,

Once the keyboard is plugged in, have you tried re-booting the desk?

Regards,
    p
    edited May 2008
    indeed, and I have tried pushing the use external keyboard button in the control panel.
    edited May 2008
    Indeed. With both the ps/2 keyboard and the usb keyboard. I have also clicked on the use external keyboard button in the control panel.
  • edited May 2008
    Hi Brian,

The USB keyboard is probably not going to work not matter how it gets addapted. The PS/2 keyboard with the proper PS/2 to AT adapter should work after a power cycle once its plugged in. If that is not working, you might try a different PS/2 to AT adapter. It could also be an issue with the keyboard input on the Hog 2.

You should still be able to find/purcahse the correct AT DNS 5 Pin keyboard, for relatively cheap.

Hope this helps,
    p

• frank_schotmanfrank_schotman Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2008
    A USB keyboard is working just fine here!!
    when you go from USB to PS2 to 5 pin No problem:hogsign:
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks Frank for the correction. I was unaware that the USB with two adatpers would actually worked. Thanks for the heads up.

Take Care,
    p
    edited July 2008
    A USB keyboard is working just fine here!!
    when you go from USB to PS2 to 5 pin No problem:hogsign:

Can you tell me what keyboard you are using? I got this little travel keyboard, that fits wonderfully in my bag, but doen'st work on the hog 2, le sigh.

Thanks!

Brian