Windows XP SP3 released & auto-updated!

DrEadDrEad Registered User
edited May 2008 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Hi,
Our PC's have updated with the Windows XP SP3 patch, and I can't install HogPC V2.4.0 b2051...
Is there any way to get around this? Or will you have a patch out soon so HogPC can install on a XP/SP3 machine?
Our PC's which have HogPC running already and now have the SP3 update seem ok, except for 1 interesting effect. It resets video settings to 1280 x 1024, which the ELO touch screens can't handle.

Ciao...
Craig

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2008
    Patch for SP3 is coming real soon. 2.5.0 will support Windows XP SP3.

Are you saying the Hog3PC application is changing the video resolution of your computer monitors?
  • DrEadDrEad Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Hi Chris,
    The Hog3PC aplication doesn't change the video resolution, but I think the XP SP3 update resets the resolution to a default 1280 x 1024 on start up. When I started up the only Hog3PC setup I have which uses the ELO touch screens they were all 'out of range' so no video output! I had to plug in a normal 19" monitor, which could handle the higher resolution, and set all the screen resolutions back to 1024 x 768.
    Dedicated Hog3PC dual core PC, NVidia Quaddro video card, XP Pro, 2 playback wings, 1 programming wing, 1 super widget, 2 of the 15" & 2 of the 12" ELO screens in this setup...

Regards,
    Craig
    edited May 2008
    Hi Chris, etc
    There does seem to be some issue regarding monitors in Hog3PC with XP/SP3, but it is possibly caused by the NVidia Quaddro card. I am chasing Nvidia regarding that and will update here if I get a reply.
    If I go to Control Panel and change External monitor settings it will crash the primary screen monitor (output 1). I repeated this a number of times, but I cannot investigate properly now as the system is being used for a show. I will update on steps to make this happen tomorrow.

Regards,
    Craig
    edited May 2008
    Hi Chris,
    Dedicated PC for Hog3PC system,
    XP Pro SP3
    Nvidia Quaddro video card
    Asus P5LD2 Deluxe Motherboard
    1 x Philips 190B monitor, PS2 mouse & keyboard
    No Hog hardware, touch screens etc attached.

We haven't been able to prove or disprove that it is Hog3PC causing the video card crash. However, it seems likely that Hog3PC is part of it or the culprit!

Here is a basic list of what we have done today...

Windows repair installation: system checks out ok.
    Install SP3: system checks ok.
    Includes 'extra' reboots, accessing internet, opening word and excel documents etc.

Run Hog3PC v2.4.0 b2051. (No hardware attached) Load the show. It is ok. Looks normal. Quit.

Reboot system.
    Monitor has a little bit of garbage during Bios/pre load screens.
    Win XP starts loading and video card crashes. Moments later XP seems to stop loading, ie HDD stops.

I cannot load windows normally but I can load Safe Mode. I uninstalled SP3, but no change to system, ie it doesn't boot windows.

This system has been running smoothly for past 4 months, and we take good care of it!
    I need to go and run a show now so will have to wait until tomorrow to investigate further.

Regards,
    Craig Burridge
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2008
    Interesting. Is the video card crash a blue screen of death or does it throw up a specific error message? You say it reset the resolution to 1024 x 768. What is the video resolution you were trying to run on all your screens?
  • IlightemIlightem Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    so when is real soon???? MY 2 pc systems are useless!!!!!!
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Version 2.5.0 is now released and contains support for Windows XP SP3. Please download it at: http://www.flyingpig.com/support/Hog3PCSoftwareDownloads.shtml

Also if you have previously installed Hog 3PC on SP3, please view this TechNote: http://www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/Uninstalling%20or%20Upgrading%20PreSP3.pdf