global increase of cue fade times

sparkles64sparkles64 Registered User
Hey
I don't think this is a current feature, but I could be wrong. It would be great if you could increase or decrease fade times of a individual fade time cue + or - what they are already at.
ie.
I have a cue that fades up my desk channels over 4s, my leds over 6s and my movers over 10s. If i loaded the cue into the editor then typed in "TIME + 2" then the desk channels would be 6s, leds 8s, and movers 12s.
Much like you do with intensity values. (possibly you could do the proportional too)

Also. Being able to change time straight from the command line for cues for already recorded cues would be good. Ie " CUE 4 POSITION TIME 5s {enter}"
Just some ideas, what do other people think.

Comments

• PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited May 2008
    You can't use 'Time + X', but I like the idea. But you can use the encoder-wheel to change the time for all your different fixtures. Press 'Time', select 'Intensity'. Now use the encoder-wheel and the time changes with steps of 0.5 seconds.

"Also. Being able to change time straight from the command line for cues for already recorded cues would be good. Ie " CUE 4 POSITION TIME 5s {enter}""

You can already do this, exactly as you typed here. Pressing 'Time' once change the fade-time, pressing 'Time' twice will change the delay.
  • sparkles64sparkles64 Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Your right. it didn't seem to work for me the other day, but i guess I was doing something wrong. I didnt realise the encoder wheel part either. That basically does it. The + X would be nice but at least you can do it this way. Thanks for that, should be useful.
    edited May 2008
    There is one thing, and I don't know if this is a bug or not:

You can only use one attribute at a time, you can't combine them, ie,:
    Cue 4, Position Time 2, Colour Time 4.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    Primer...are you sure about that...

I use combinations all the time...

INT TIME 3
    POS COL BEAM TIME 0
    POS COL BEAM TIME TIME 3.5

no issues at all.
    edited May 2008
    Maybe Position + Colour + Beam Time X works,
    But Position Time X Colour Time Y does not work.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Pimmer...now I understand what you were saying.
    edited May 2008
    Using 'Cue X + Position + Colour + Beam Time Y' does indeed work very well, I've never knew this. Again learnt something that makes my life on the Hog easier. That desk keeps suprising me every time...

And then the million-dollar-question? Why does 'Position Time X Colour Time Y Beam Time Z' not work?