2 questions!

Hi everyone!

I got 2 question about dl.2..!

1: Is it normal that i can move in the Projector menu in the Dl.2 Motion? There is like 6 button 1 safe 1 Menu 1 up 1 down 1 left 1 right if i remember and the only one working is the Menu one
+ Is that the only way without removing the projector from the head to change the temperature??

2: One of the dl.2 I used, i couldnt access the screen on the dl.2 it wont show up it stay black? And still with opening the prewiew or anything on the board so it can show up It won't do something ? Any way to reset it?

Thanks you

Anthony
  • [quote=gwcwc3po]1: Is it normal that i can move in the Projector menu in the Dl.2 Motion? There is like 6 button 1 safe 1 Menu 1 up 1 down 1 left 1 right if i remember and the only one working is the Menu one
    + Is that the only way without removing the projector from the head to change the temperature??

Not too sure of what you are asking here....yes there is a way to access the projector menu.....what issue are you having with temperature?

[quote=gwcwc3po]2: One of the dl.2 I used, i couldnt access the screen on the dl.2 it wont show up it stay black? And still with opening the prewiew or anything on the board so it can show up It won't do something ? Any way to reset it?

If you power cycle the fixture the screen should automaticallly come on...however there are several little buttons next to the LCD screen...the one closest to the small green LCD power LED will turn the screen on and off....the others are monitor adjustment buttons much like the ones you'd find on a regualr computer LCD.

If the small green LED is not lit then your LCD is not getting power....press the button and it should come on...if not then a hard reset should sort it out.

Hope this helps:)
  • Oh thanks Marty. And for the temperature I used 2 dl.2 and they wasnt at the same temperature because the white on one was cleary "more white" and the second one was more yellow.. When i did a collage.. We saw it clearly that they wasn't on the same temperature!
  • OK...now I know you are talking about colour temperature;)

There can be some slight variances between lamps in the LX-55s even with brand new ones.

If they are very far off then you probably have one old and one new lamp....this is the same problem as anything that uses an arc source....including moving lights.

I would make sure that both units have new lamps for starters.

If this doesn't work you can compensate by using the second Global FX to CMY-mix a correction to match the two.

Personally I normally make my collage on Global FX-2 so I can see the discrete values instead of percentage. This allows me to use FX-1 in it's default CMY mode (if using H3 console) and mix a global colour correction with CMY.

• You can also directly adjust the temperature of the projector itself. You can access those controls by unlatching the back of the projector case and adjusting the menu system on the projector itself. Once it is set there, you wouldn't have to program it into your show or use up effects.
  • [quote=tedcook]You can also directly adjust the temperature of the projector itself. You can access those controls by unlatching the back of the projector case and adjusting the menu system on the projector itself. Once it is set there, you wouldn't have to program it into your show or use up effects.

This is true. I would recommed resetting the projector to factory defaults first to make sure you are starting from the same place.

Keep in mind that there are only 4 col.temp. settings to choose from (xlow, low, med, & high), so you may have to go into the white balance settings to get a better match.

I personally prefer to do it with colour via Global b/c then I can just update my palette as the lamp ages from gig to gig and not have to go back into the projector menu again, but yes it does eat up an FX in the process.

IMO balancing the projectors via the menu should really be done at the shop as part of prep before a unit goes out.

• Also one VERY important thing to check before you try and balance your DL.2s is to verify that they both have the same projector type...ie-both LX-55s or both LX-50s....mixing the projector types with collages will give you a royal headache!
  • Oh ya Thanks you Ted and Marty. The problem I have is maybe from different lamps and ill do a factory reset on the projector so they atleast will be with the same option.

And for the Cmy Mix, thats very nice! Its true that i love working with the fx but if I really need it there still the fx from the graphic1 2 or 3 I can use!.

Thanks guys!

Anthony!
  • Guys,

We do see some variance in the color temperature as the lamps age. A new lamp will look different from one that is nearing the end of it's life.

Also, PLEASE don't adjust the internal settings in the projector. I can see this causing some real nightmares for rental fixtures, if one client goes in and changes internal projector settings and they don't get properly reset when they go to the next show.

Telling someone that is having blending issues to go in and check the internal projector settings to make sure they haven't been changed is probably about the last thing that I would think to tell them!
  • Oh well I don't think someone changed the internal projector settings so i'm 99% sure that it's the lamp. Thanks for the advice!