Motorized Faders

masterbasemasterbase Registered User
Motorized Faders would be a great extra, so when you change pages the faders jump to the actual position of the asigned CueLists/Masters ....

Comments

  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Peter,

    The Wholehog software actually will retain fader values when you change pages, it just displays them on the playback bar. Then you need only move the fader to that position to match the current output. I agree that motorized faders are cool, but much of the neccesity for them is possible with the current software as well.

    thanks for the suggestion...
  • masterbasemasterbase Registered User
    edited May 2008
    I now that the fader values are stored, motorized faders just would be a nice hardware feadback, a lot of audio mixers with multible pages allready have motorized faders.

    :hogsign:

    greatings peter
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    Whatever,
  • NeonNeon Registered User
    edited May 2008
    motorised faders would be a very nice- i totally agree. executer buttons would be nice aswell... i am aware that you can set up cuelists to act like executers using the touchscreen and that fader values are kept on previous pages etc... but both of the above would be a v. nice luxury to have.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Let's take a GrandMA and run Hog 3PC on it! :D
  • dingodingo Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Addition of motorized faders certainly would be a nice way to differentiate the full-fledged Wholehog 3 from the rest of the line. :D
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE OUR FADERS!!

    While I agree that motorized faders are a neat gimmick, I absolutely HATE the way that they feel.....too much resistance too stiff.:no:

    I LOVE the way the Hog faders feel....nice and smooth and quick.:headbang:
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Marty Postma said:
    PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE OUR FADERS!!

    While I agree that motorized faders are a neat gimmick, I absolutely HATE the way that they feel.....too much resistance too stiff.:no:

    I LOVE the way the Hog faders feel....nice and smooth and quick.:headbang:


    -How about 10 with motors and 10 without! :09:
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2008
    I would really love motorized faders and I'm sure that with a quick key we could transform all the right side buttons in executors.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    How about USB button wing?

    Btw, in my current console I have 20 motorized faders. Guess how many times I have used them in the past two years? Zero times. In theatre I haven't found them very useful.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    srautane said:
    How about USB button wing?

    Could be cool, but doesn't offer any real advantages over a touchscreen IMO.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2008
    Marty Postma said:
    Could be cool, but doesn't offer any real advantages over a touchscreen IMO.
    Yeah, you are quite right. Except with real buttons you can press several simultaneously, but with touchscreen you cannot, unless the screen supports multitouch.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Marty Postma said:
    Could be cool, but doesn't offer any real advantages over a touchscreen IMO.
    I really prefer bump on real button than touch screen.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    srautane said:
    Yeah, you are quite right. Except with real buttons you can press several simultaneously, but with touchscreen you cannot, unless the screen supports multitouch.

    True...looking forward to advances in multi-touch screens personally. I can forsee a H3PC system that uses a multi-touch one day, and then there will be no need for extra hardware....all faders and encoders could be customized to suit the user and now there are no moving parts to jam up or break! I think we are quite a long way away from that though!
    stephlight said:
    I really prefer bump on real button than touch screen.

    I agree for many things, but do you really need more than what a full X-Wing has?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Marty Postma said:
    I agree for many things, but do you really need more than what a full X-Wing has?
    Not necessarily, that is why I wrote:
    Stephlight said:
    we could transform all the right side buttons in executors
    but because of its price, I do not have the opportunity to use X-Wing, so I need a cheap way to have executors (and motorized faders:D)
Sign In or Register to comment.