Tablet software..

Just a thought...

It seems more and more (proboably not that many actually, but some) are using tablet pc's wirelessly connected to the wholehog network and with hog pc software installed to be able to create palettes and do focusing without the need for both an operator and a stage walker, something which is extremely handy. I am planning to purchase a tablet pc myself this year and will certainly be using it for the same purpose whenever I am working with a hog setup, and I have already had time to test this method and for me it works really well.

So in this aspect, I was thinking, how about some sort of tablet pc overlay for the Hog3PC? The programmer surface works fine, but the encoder weels are a bit difficult to get used to, so maybe some sort of slider function would be easier? Or maybe steal the position tool from wysiwygs design part? I don't really have the best solution, but to me it just seems that something else than those little virtual encoders would do better.

However, there might not be enough people with the need for something like this to warrant the development time and costs...

Let me know what the rest of you out there thinks. On the other hand, how would High End look at it if someone else was to develop a software overlay that would interact with the Hog3PC software just to achieve this result?
Related