Did anybody kows were i can found a wholehog 1:hogsign:

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    I think this is as close as you'll get.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Yea,
    I made a similar request a few years ago on the light network, and no-one seemed to even have a good idea where to look.
    I even called all the standard used gear sites... no joy...
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    Everything I've seen is one picture some time ago in Lightnetwork...thought it's gone

Found a few threads about the original pig
    http://lightnetwork.com/messages.php?msg=5180.2&high_light=original%20wholehog&smode=3
    http://lightnetwork.com/messages.php?msg=387.1
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We've got one here, but it's not for sale :)

I've actually written a library on the Hog 1 to control a Catalyst before.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Scott,

I will be there (private fixture training) Thursday and Friday can I come up and see it. When it was around I was still stuck on Colortran and Strand desks. So I have yet to see one in person.
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Lee,

That should be possible. Just have the Service guys you're with contact Brad Schiller or myself.

Scott
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Hey scott, can i come up and watch you run a DL2 off of it :D. I would like to see it, i have never seen one in person either. I found a pic a while back, and it looked like a large console with a bunch of cables everywhere, but thats about all i could tell, the pic was terrible.

I found a pic in the lighting museum (looks about like half the stuff laying around my garage)

http://www.pbase.com/paulpelletier/image/64421483

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Anytime anyone is in the Austin office.. let me know and I will be happy to show it to you. I have it on permanent display in my office (along with a Status Cue, Wholehog 2, and Wholehog 3).
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited May 2008
    brad, you didnt want to put a universal controller in your office :D.
    edited May 2008
    Actually I do have the front panel of a Color Pro LED controller here too...
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Brad !!! It was great seeing you and the rest of the staff again. Will we be seeing the boatload of incoders on the next incarnation of the Hog.
  • Ozzy1Ozzy1 Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Hi,

Just to let you know if you are still interested there is a Wholehog I on www.ebay.co.uk at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Oz
  • CRBatchelorCRBatchelor Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I got to see one once when I stopped by the CWP office in Van Nuys a few years back.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited October 2008
  • chuckdillinghamchuckdillingham Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I have one here in my shop in Nashville, TN (also not for sale). I actually just resurrected it from the storage trailer and wrote a profile for some Elation Design Spot 250s to see if it still had any life in it... It runs great until it crashes (which it routinely does). This console was #5, it's name is Spotco... Named & Built for SpotCo in England and Used on a Rolling Stones tour in the early '90s then sold to Opryland USA in Nashville, after the park shut down at the end of 1997 TMG acquired the desk. It was actually my first ever moving light desk, and I was very happy the other day to see it still running. It is truly a work of art and there are things about it I still miss.

P.S. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Nick Archdale? I have a few questions for him about the desk.
    edited December 2008
    Chuck,

You have mail... :D
  • ParkAudioProductionsParkAudioProductions Registered User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Scott M. Blair I have a wholehog 1 but the HDD is gone any ideas of where i could get one

Thanks Aaron
  • TannerTanner Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Now that's an old console....

to the above post ^^^ I don't believe the WH1 would have ran off a HDD, when WH2 saved to floppies??

Hey Brad, can I have your office space? I will trade you. ( If you are going to LDI this year... You should bring the WH1 for display purposes?) Marketing by showing customers that you have been around awhile and that Highend products are quality/solid and still works after a long time ;)
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited March 2013
    It ran on a PC, and the PC is hard drive based . . . .

- Tim
  • TannerTanner Registered User
    edited March 2013
    Right.... shoot. Didn't really think about that one... Well I feel stupid now. In my defense it was really really late when I posted ^^^
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited April 2013
    No problem! Likely backups were to an FDD as well . . . not much else at the time.

- Tim