Question about Hue & Saturation with fade times

JEmanuelJEmanuel Registered User
I'm working with the Road Hog console and when I choose my colors for shows I tend to use the Color Wheel which transfers into Hue and Saturations values. Doing this though I noticed that during playbacks involving fade times the color would start at white and work to the desired color as the saturation value faded to it's value.

This is probably a case of :rtfm: of :poke:but is there a way to select for the color value not to fade even though the intensity fades. Or can I convert hue and saturation values to cmy so I don't have to deal with the saturation value fading from white to the color?

Comments

• tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited April 2008
    You can set different fade times for any parameter.

In your case, try opening the cue editor (double tap cue key will open editor for chosen master), select the fixtures you want, type: colour time 0 [enter]

This will give the colour parameters a zero second fade while leaving the intensity fade time unchanged.
  • JEmanuelJEmanuel Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Thanks, I'll give that a try next time I'm on the console.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2008
    JEmanuel said:
    Or can I convert hue and saturation values to cmy so I don't have to deal with the saturation value fading from white to the color?

You can covert from HSI to CMY quite easily as long as your colour paramters are not separated in user prefs.

Simply select the colour from the colour picker and then "tap" one of the CMY encoders to move over to CMY.

Hope this helps:)
  • AndyPAndyP Registered User
    edited May 2008
    You could also make the previous Q a mark-Q so that the colour is already preset before the fixture's intensity comes up. (Or record the colour into the previous Q if you didn't want to use the mark-Q function)
  • JEmanuelJEmanuel Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for all the suggestions.