Merge Error - Server Busy

Greetings. I am long-time Hog III 3 user but somewhat new to the merge process and having some difficulty. I have two shows that use 90-95% of the same fixtures and have 90-95% of the same programming. Here are the differences.

Show A has a couple of pages and cuelists for some DL.2 programming and Show B is a newer show without the DL.2 stuff but has some pages and cuelists for Catalyst, DL.1s and VersaTubes cues. Now I am trying to combine them into 1 show. The digital programming is the only difference between the two shows and unfortunately occupies the same locations/numbers for groups, position/beam palletes, pages and cuelists. But they are named differently. To try to make the merge easier I have moved the digital groups, palletes, pages and cuelists in Show B to higher locations/numbers so that there is blank space where the DL.2 stuff is in Show A. My thought was that there would be less conflicts if the digital data didn't overlap locations in the show file.

Since Show B is a newer show and has more cues and fixtures overall, I have started by opening Show A and trying to merge Show B into it. I choose replace fixtures and then append if differerent for palletes, pages, groups, cuelists etc. Nothing seems to happen. The DL.2 programming doesn't merge into the show. If I choose replace for fixtures and replace for evertything else I get an error message in the merge dialog window that reads the following.

Library Merge Completed
Fixture Merge Completed
Group Merge Completed
Pallete Merge Completed
Page Merge Completed
Scence Merge Completed
Cuelist Merge Completed
View Merge Completed

"Merge failed: Server busy, please try again.

(object 495 in array 23)

thrown from line 1027, file c:\src\2-3-x\gut\components\system\comm\comm
compointer.h"

At this point the console freezes. I still have a pointer but it's an hourglass. When I open the launched process window, the desktop, OB, OB and server are all not responding. At this point only turning the console off restarts the desk and once I reboot this show file will no longer load. The desk hangs after I try to launch the show file either while "the server is loading" progress window or while "the data is loading" progress window. Any thoughts?

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates
Related