Inverse center fan

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
Sometime ago, I requested an inverse center fan...well, I can almost cancel my order.

If you have for example 8 fixtures, selecting 1 thru 8 and you have normal center fan
Selecting 5 thru 8 + 1 thru 4 and you have your center fan inverted, but works only if you have even amount of fixtures.

Comments

• z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Sami,

I'm working late in preparation for vacation, so I apologize in advance if I'm being a little dense about this...

It looks to me like what you're doing is trying to flip the Center fan on its head. (If the normal centered fan had the two center fixtures moving upstage, then the inverse center fan would have the two center fixtures moving downstage.)

ow is this different from using the Center fan but turning your encoder wheel in the opposite direction?

Cheers,

Phil
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    Phil,

It was bit late when I wrote that...

But, if you have a row of fixtures and you use center, for example with tilt, values are affected more in the ends of row and center is not affected.
    Using the selection I mentioned in the previous post, ends of the row stand still and center is moving...so, kind of inverse :)

Only problem is, this works only if you have even amount of fixtures.
  • josh wabaunseejosh wabaunsee Registered User
    edited April 2008
    interesting solution

my way do do this is is to bring the lights to the outer range that i want fanned, and then center fan backwards....

so for a flyaway i bring my lights to full tilt up and then fan down giving me an arched shape

if done with lights at 50/50 one gets a "U" shape

josh
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    This is of course possible to create the usual way, doing center fan and then moving the whole group. Though, sometimes I feel this is easier when you want to fan ^ and you are starting from zero values (other parameters than tilt). Playing with selection order, part and buddy is also fun...sometimes the results surprise.
  • josh wabaunseejosh wabaunsee Registered User
    edited April 2008
    i use this same method for color as well as well as sync strobe/iris rates.

i find that i get much more predictable/repeatable results with this rather than messing with grouping/budding.

its really no different than anyother center weighted fan, im just starting it from a different value...

i will play more with grouping and budding....

is there a way to see what the grouping buddying settings are for an exsisting cue?

josh