The Full Boar and Touchscreens

BBCLDBBCLD Registered User, Hog Beta
edited November 2008 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
I have done a search but cannot find anything about this. I have a Full Boar and I am having a little trouble with the external touch screens. I bought 2 that were recommended by Brad in another thread. However when I boot up the console, the screens offset to one external and on internal and the other two don't turn on. I am on the latest software update. I wouldn't think that this should be happening and that people have external touchscreens that the leave connected all the time. The only work around I have seen is to disconnect the DVI cables from the console, boot the console, then reconnect and re-calibrate every time. Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Eric,

So you are saying that when you boot with the screens plugged in that it boots to using 1 external and 1 internal and leaving the other internal off? What versions software and what XPe image are you running?

This should not be the case and we will help you to resolve this.
  • BBCLDBBCLD Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    That is correct. 1 internal, 1 external are on and 1 internal and 1 external off. I am running the latest release that came out 2 weeks ago. It did the same thing when I put normal monitors on the console before I got the touch screens.
    edited April 2008
    Eric,

Please contact our support department directly at 800-890-8989 or support@flyingpig.com for further assistance.

thanks,
  • jkemblejkemble Registered User, HES Staff
    edited April 2008
    Hi Eric,

Windows shows it's boot messages on the right internal and right external screens only, but once the Hog software is running it should display on all four screens. Are you seeing the Hog software on only one internal and one external screen? (I just want to clarify that this is not just during boot)

Have you tried connecting only one external screen at a time? Also, do the screens connect directly with DVI, or do they use a DVI to VGA connector? If possible, try connecting an external screen using the opposite type of connector than you are using now. The DVI connector supports both digital and analog (VGA) signals, and the video card treats them slightly differently so it would be handy to know if either digital or analog is tripping it up.

Thanks,
    Jonathan
    edited April 2008
    I have tried several things. I am using the digital signal signal (DVI) out on both of them without conversion to analog. Even getting into the program itself it is still one internal and one external, even if I disconnect one. It is strange and I know windows should remember the setup. I am a little baffled by the whole scenario. Any help would be appreciated and I will probably have time to call support on Monday, if I don't have an epiphony of some kind before then.

Thanks for asking,
    Eric
    edited August 2008
    I know it has been a while on this one and there has been a software upgrade or two since then, but I just want to keep this challenge in someone's memory hoping that it will make it into one of the upgrades soon. After talking with tech support, I know they logged the error for a fixing in a future release, but I am not sure how long things like this take. I am not sure of the log entry number.

Just a friendly nudge.

Thanks,
    Eric
    edited August 2008
    Eric,

The DVI bug is currently logged as bug #7122 and is targeted for an upcoming release.
    edited August 2008
    Thanks Brad.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited November 2008
    about touchscreen-callibration: my internal full boar-screens need to be callibrated lot of times after start-up ( i always put switch on back "off" ) . Is that normal?

thnx,
    Peer
    edited November 2008
    I usually calibrat my screens after every re-start. Partly due to the fact that I have to unplug my external monitors and it resets all of my screens calibration. It is not a bad idea to recalibrate anyway just to make sure that you are not touching the color palette when you should be touching your position palette. At least that is what I would do. It should be more stable than that and it may be but my externals cause my calibration challenge, at least until they fix my original challenge with the externals.
    edited November 2008
    hm, it's not a question if I want to do it, but I really have to do it because the pointer and finger are not even close to each other....

by the way, what external touchscreens do you use?
    edited November 2008
    I use 2 ELO ET1725L 18" Touchscreens.
    edited November 2008
    dvi > vga + usb no option? I want to buy external 15" elo's as well, but in this case I should consider to buy no DVI ??
    edited November 2008
    I use the DVI with the USB because it hasn't worked without the USB connected. It is also easierto use the DVI straight through than converting from DVI to VGA.