Timecode on IPC not responding in Hog 2

Hi, I'm having an issue with timecode on IPC. It sees timecode fine but doesn't fire the cue at the appropriate time. It did a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be very reliable. I tried entering the values normally and also using Learn Timing. I also tried it with the actual timecode feed and also Simulate. I then went to my computer and tried it with Hog2PC and everything worked fine. Does the console maybe need a restart? Am I missing something? Thanks for any assistance.

Eric
  • Eric,

It can be tough to diagnose Timecode problems from your description, however you might want to ensure your timecode source is reliable.

Also with Hog 2 the list requires a manual GO to start running via timecode. Furthmore if you reach the end of the list and then want the timecode to restart at an earlier time it will not function. This is because it sees the list as "ended". So a good Hog 2 tip is to put a dummy cue at the end of the list with a "never ending" wait time (99999 sec). Then your list will never "end" and the timecode restarting will jump the list back to the beginning.

If you are having further problems you should contact support directly at 800-890-8989 or support@flyingpig.com This way they can help your troubleshoot over the phone or email.
  • Hi Brad, thanks for the reply. I talked to Mitch and he let me know about having to hit GO manually before the timecode would respond. That was my problem, I'm all set now.

Thanks again
    Eric
  • Hi, so I thought I had this worked out but I can't seem to get the time code to consistantly trigger the cue. What I'm looking to do is to have the timecode trigger just one cue in a main cue list that contains about 100 cues. The cue is towards the end of the stack. When I turn timcode on in the the timecode toolbar, the list wants to jump to this cue immediately even when the timecode isn't anywhere near the firing time. To try and solve this, I put in comment macros before and after the timecode cue to turn it on immediately prior to the cue and off after. I ran into a new situation where if the previous called cues are a little off then the timecode has passed where the timecode cues time was set to fire for and if I go back a few cues to turn it on earlier than I seem to run into the same jumping problem.

So to solve this, what I'm doing now is I put the timecode cue in it's own list, put a comment macro to give this list a go in the main list and then the timecode counts down and fires at the appropriate time. This seems like a work-around to me and I feel like I must be missing something, isn't there a way to have timecode cues and manual GO cues inter-mixed in the same cue-list? and not have this jumping

Thanks

Eric
  • Eric,

You can intermix timecode and non-timecode cues (I have done this on Ice skating shows to hold for applause). The key is to have the manual cues have a dummy cue with a never ending wait time (much like I described earlier). Your work around should suffice as well.
  • Just so I understand correctly, if I have say 25 manual cues and then the next is a timecode cue. I would put in a dummy 26th cue that could auto-follow from the 25th to act as the manual GO. (would this work as an auto follow since I'm not actually pressing GO?) The timecode cue would then be the 27th. In the 25th cue I would also have a comment macro to turn on timecode. Would this be the correct method to accomplish this?

Thanks
    Eric
  • Eric,

The 26th cue would be blank, but have a wait time of 999999s this way the 25th cue never "stops playing" in the Hog's eye. Then the timecode cue can be number 27.
Related