Chase timing question

Just a question about the current behaviour.

A fast way to do a simple channel chase is to record channels and set the list to cue only (state is not calculated?). But, I noticed doing a chase this way leads to little timing problems. There might be a reasonable explanation to this, but I'm wondering why channels are released, not faded to zero? So, channels going to zero follow release time?, not fade time.
Also the behaviour in the end of list is that channels are released. If data is not recorded to first cue channels are not faded, they are released.

Just wondering are things supposed to be this way :poke:?
  • Correct. When cue only is enabled no state is being kept in the list. When you advance to the next cue we release the previous cue.
  • Is there a particular reason for that? What is the purpose of that? The current way makes things more complicated, when doing chases or using the list non-tracking console style. Was it the same way in Hog2 when maintain state off was used?
  • Hog 2 is indeed different. In Hog 2 when maintain state is turned off the previous cue will fade to its default value (release) using the up fade time of the destination cue. Our current implementation on Hog 3 is to use cuelist release timing to release the cue back at its default value.

Each of these implementations have their own value, but I can definitely see where the Hog 2 implementation could help to make programming the kind of chase you are talking about quicker. I will speak with Brad and the development team to see if there is a way to implement the option to use the total fade time of the destination cue to calculate the release time of the previous cue when using cue only.

This was a good one Sami!
  • [quote=c_muenchow]This was a good one Sami!

My favourite hobby is the "theory" of consoles. So, I like to take care of things like behaviour of timing and tracking.

But seriously, it would be nice to see that work the old H2 way (btw, GMA also works that way when cuelist tracking is turned off)...it is also a fast way to emulate preset console behaviour...if someone wants to...
Related