cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
Ver 2.3.2
Console IPC
Software Hog III
Connected devices
USB Keyboard
tft monitor

Hi,
maybe i am doing this incorrectly but i am having issues after i backup a show.
Every day i backup my show after i finish doing my presets,so i have a folder full of backup files with a different name according to the venue.
Today i wanted to go back to a backup show a few days old and tried to expand it and i got the prompt show "file with the same name exists already" overwrite or delete.
I didn't want to do either i wanted to open it....i tried copying it and then renaming it and then expanding/opening it which didn't work,still got the prompt message?

This show was created in 2.3.2 with nothing merged.
Any ideas gladly accepted.

Cheers Cormac

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2008
    It sounds like the error comes when it is trying to "expand" the backup. If you're just clicking through, you might miss this step.

When going through the expanding of the backup file, you have to give the show a name. If you happened to use the same name as the existing show, then you will get the error.

That's what it sounds like to me....without knowing the exact steps.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I agree with Jon's assesment. It sounds like you need to look at the show file name it wants to extract too. It might just be the same as something on your drive. Try changing the name in that step and I bet your show will open.

let us know if this works,
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2008
    thank you both,
    will look at this again tomorrow.

Regards C