X Spot Standard Lamp Issue

John PatrickJohn Patrick Registered User
edited April 2008 in HES Automated Lighting
Hi Guys
Anyone have an Idea on a Standard X Spot 700 problem of a Lamp Flickering once it has reached temperature.
Reloaded Software, Changed Lamp, Checked all Connection's it was none of the above
Any Ideas would be much appreciated

Comments

• PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Chris is correct. I'd also check the voltage at the fixture with the rest of the rig on just to cross that off the list.
  • John PatrickJohn Patrick Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Thank you very much gentlemen that was indeed the issue.
    My question now is for Chris.
    The Power Supply as shown on the Exploded Diagram FSA003, is Part 33 , Fs702 , 98050001 , PCB , ASSY , Lamp Power Supply , 700w , X Spot.
    I cannot find any reference in the current price list to any of the Parts numbers.
    Listed in the Pricelist is the following.
    80050065 , Board Lamp Power Supply 700w
    80050074 , Board Lamp power Supply 850w
    I assume it is one of those maybe the 700w
    The actual Part numbers on the Power Supply are , 10-0262 , 98050001 , REV 2B , 01190036 , also at 220 - 240 V it says 825 w, hence my question
    which power supply.
    Thanks again for your replies
    Kind Regards J.P
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited April 2008
    If your x-spot is the standard then its the 700w powersupply (all powersupplies say 850w on the side)
    If its the x-treme its the 850W powersupply (the power supply will have a big sticker on the top of it saying NOT FOR 700W FIXTURE. Or something like that.

I'm really betting on your powersupply being the 700W version.

To save yourself a lot of money you can just send your powersupply into highend for repair. It takes about 2 months to get it back and the bill runs around 400 which is a whole lot cheaper than 1200 bucks or so. Its just can you afford to have a fixture down for that long while highend repairs your light. We have several x-spots dated around 01 that have bad lamp sockets so do not rule this out, even though it tests good with a meter, does not mean the lamp is contacting the internal connectors correctly.
    edited April 2008
    Thanks Tim
    I'll look into sending it, but Oz is a way away fron Texas.Pretty sure that it is the supply as I swapped out a good one from another fixture and all is well, but now need to replace that one.If our electronics tech was not away ill at the moment I am sure he could repair it, but he is away for a while, so I may need to bite the bullet.One of the transformers inside looks very , hows your father, but all is hard soldered to the PCB, beyond my expertise.

Thanks so much for the replies, I now know what I need to do
    Regards J.P
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited April 2008

Chris said;
    On a side note: I've been here almost 17 years and I have never seen repairs taking 2 months.

Only once and it was a hog part that had to be made then shipped.
    But a lighting repair? Never.:D Not in 15 years.
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited April 2008
    i sent in two x-spot power supplies and 1 studio beam power supply and it took about 2 months. I had some upset customers. I'll look up the invoice info for the exact dates.
    edited April 2008
    Thanks very much to all who helped with my little problem.
    I am now in contact with Chris about the necessary Parts

Kind Regards J.P