XP SP3 with Hogpc 2.4.0

Hi,gents,
I has my Notebook Update of XP SP 3,i can not install Hog 3pc.Is SP3 a Problem?
Hogpc 2.3.1 is running on pc.
thanks for answer.

greeds
  • The short answer is that XP SP3 is currently not allowed by the Hog3PC installer. XP SP3 is still in trial mode and even though the update is available on the web, it is pre-release software. We do however plan to make every effort to add support for Hog3PC on SP3 as quickly as possible after it is officially released.
  • [quote=c_muenchow]The short answer is that XP SP3 is currently not allowed by the Hog3PC installer.

some other day i'll argue the merits of private vs. public regression testing (especially towards Vista/2008), but for now i'd like to point out that we usually add to our outermost launch conditions a big ol' "OR Installed" so that if during an uninstall, conditions or custom actions return differently than when installed, the application can still be removed successfully.
  • [quote=c_muenchow;25792]The short answer is that XP SP3 is currently not allowed by the Hog3PC installer. XP SP3 is still in trial mode and even though the update is available on the web, it is pre-release software. We do however plan to make every effort to add support for Hog3PC on SP3 as quickly as possible after it is officially released.

It's now 2009, and I'm trying to uninstall Hog3PC V2.1.0 and I'm getting the message that it must run on XP SP2. What can I do to uninstall HOG3PC successfully, short of just deleting the files and trying to muck about in Registry editor? Do I need to update to a more current version of HOG3PC and then uninstall or is there a patch?

Thanks.

Dennis Witte
  • Please review this technical note:

www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/Uninstalling%20or%20Upgrading%20PreSP3.pdf
Related