1st time on the Road Hog

All I can say is, "I was impressed" ! Having pretty much used the Hog II and Hog 1000 consoles, I liked what the Hog III OS has to offer.

Had some issues on operating syntax, (Load > Open) but finally got the hang of it.

I usually operate in a very manual and hands on format. I was able to get into the effects generator, finally.

I had trouble modifying / editing the cue once written onto a fader / cue list.

On the Hog II you would "LOAD" the cue into the Programmer, make your changes, then hit update.

Could not figure out how to do it on the RoadHog. I understand that "OPEN" work like the "LOAD" key on the Hog II, but when i hit "UPDATE" it did not update the cue.

Also had an issue Un-Parking a Dimming Channel. Not clear in the manual.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Open: opens, loads a cue to separate editor. Editor is in blind mode (not seen on stage) by default. The setting can be changed from Setup -> Preferences -> Programming -> Preview Editors -> Default Blind State

Cue Open: Opens current cue of selected master
    Cue # Open: Opens cue number # of selected master
    List # Cue # Open: Opens cue number # of list number #

If you modify values and close editor, you are asked "Do you want to Update?"
    Pressing update closes editor and updates

Open does of course other things also...basically opens all kind of things

Keep Open pressed and select parked from toolbar...if you want to unpark something just knockout and close parked window
  • I usually operate in a very manual and hands on format. I was able to get into the effects generator, finally.

EFFECT OPEN will open the effects tables for any editting/modifying

I had trouble modifying / editing the cue once written onto a fader / cue list.

On the Hog II you would "LOAD" the cue into the Programmer, make your changes, then hit update.

Could not figure out how to do it on the RoadHog. I understand that "OPEN" work like the "LOAD" key on the Hog II, but when i hit "UPDATE" it did not update the cue.

The beauty of the H3 software is that you don't necessarily need to open the cue to edit it. If you're in the cue you want to edit, make your changes live and then you can either:

a) Hit UPDATE and a window will pop up asking you what to update
    b) Hit MERGE CUE "X" enter and those values will be put into that cue

Also had an issue Un-Parking a Dimming Channel. Not clear in the manual.

Dimmer # Touch and then hit MORE on the bottom right toolbar and hold PIG and hit PARK (basically, Pig+Park). Clear your programmer and you're out.

Hope it helps...
  • H3 has also a nice way to bring a cue to programmer.
    Cue # Copy Enter

As you can see now there are several ways to do things, not just one solution.
Related