Trackspot Part and Problem

radiokrisleeradiokrislee Registered User
edited April 2008 in HES Automated Lighting
ok I have one Trackspot needs a new TS31F V4.1 chip as the one it was damaged when it was taken out then put back in backwards then powered up. The light worked fine before this happened, someone used the chip to try and troubleshoot another Trackspot, how can I get the replacement chip?

The second issue is I have a Trackspot that when it is powered up it seems like it has sezuires, i also makes a loud beeping kind of sound from the tilt motor. When the dip switch is swithed on to put it into self test mode there is no response, any ideas on what could be bad on the light? It looks like someone had taken or pryed the v 4.2 chip off before so I'm thinking that it is bad.

Comments

• TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited April 2008
    you can get chips from light parts.
  • radiokrisleeradiokrislee Registered User
    edited April 2008
    chris_litz said:
    Kris, You can also get the EPROM and all Trackspot parts directly from HES. The alarm sound you hear is due to the sensor not seeing the open slot on one or both of the wheels. This can be due to the motor not moving because either the driver chip or the motor is bad. It can also be because the sensor is dirty or bad.

The loud deep beep sounding noise is coming from the tilt motor, if I unplug that motor the noise goes away. I plugged a new motor in and it did the same thing. With that being the case shouldn't the fixture still react when put into self test mode? The wheels on the other hand turn just fine when the fixture is plugged in so there doesn't appear to be any problem with the wheels. Another update if I pull the EPROM from the fixture and put it into another the other fixture works just fine so the problem is not there.

How much is the replacement EPROM from HES? I do not see it anywhere on the parts and price list.
    edited April 2008
    list price is 100.00 Its down at the bottom of the list. There is something not homing correctly. I bet its a bad or dirty sensor.
  • SzieveSzieve Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Ok.. First... It may or may not be the tilt motor...
    Power up the fixture with the cover off and observe all moving parts/wheels...Is something not moving? If that is the case, power down the fixture... Try to manually move the non moving part.. does it seem sticky or not as free as another motor? if so, you've probably got a bad motor. if its not sticky the issue is either a 3773 socketed chip or a sensor. Check the 3773 by swapping with another trait. like color or gobo.. if the problem moves to another part, it's the 3773.. get from high end, or if you're clever you can find elsewhere. If not the chip, then sensor is bad, assuming it's the gobo or color wheel.. (there are no other sensors). try first cleaning with warm water and q-tip...DO NOT USE CLEANERS OR SOLVENTS.. blow off with a lot of compressed air to make sure it's completely dry. Try again.. if problem persists, you've got a bad sensor.... Hope this helps..
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Chris is correct. It's a chip ,motor, or sensor. If the color and gobo motors move but do not see the slot at the bottom, get some high pressure air and clean the slot. Still wont work? Drop in a new sensor.
    edited April 2008
    chris_litz said:
    The alarm signal is built into the software and will occur for either a bad sensor or an incorrect dip switch configuration. Make sure all the switches are in the off position. The word "on" is printed on the dips with an arrow pointing to on.
    I guess I'm not explaining the beep sound correctly, it's not an actual beep it just sounds like one because of the vibration of the tilt motor. If I plug in a new motor it still vibrates / pulsates in this really wierd way but because it is not mounted to the fixture it does not create that "deep beeping sound"
    edited April 2008
    How much is the dipswitch?
    edited April 2008
    Would something wrong with the sensors also prevent it from going into "self test" mode?
    edited April 2008
    yep, no matter what if it does not home correctly it will not go into test mode.
  • muvmentmuvment Registered User
    edited April 2008
    The EEPROM from Don at Lightparts is $62.50 and the motor chips range from $8 to $14. (I'm constantly calling & emailing lightparts for advice and parts. I blew out an eeprom and 2 motor chips last week in a trackspot (who knew switching the pan and tilt cables would do that?))
    edited April 2008
    you can swap cables with the fixture off, just dont do it with the fixture on.
  • muvmentmuvment Registered User
    edited April 2008
    I switched the cables when it was off and upon plugging the unit back in, it didn't boot up. (I was thinking it was a bad tilt motor). switching the cables back didn't fix the problem. Upon replacing the pan and tilt driver chips and the EEPROM, its fine. It may have been just the EEPROM, but i didn't check the removed driver chips. I thought it was ok to switch the wires coming from any motor, but this made me think differently. Am i correct or not?
    edited April 2008
    You can swap motor wires. There isnt any voodoo to it, no matter what motor wire you plug into what motor, all the logic will tell the motor to do is turn one way or another, whether it be a pan, tilt, gobo, shutter, color motor. In the moving heads though, you can swap pan and tilt motors but you cannot plug in a color motor to the pan motor for example (they normally do not let you do this anyways) due to the pan and tilt motors are usually 3 phase motors, and the color, gobo, etc are not.