DL2 and audio

I am going to have some video clips that are going to be very specific to an audio track that does with it. What's the best way to makse sure they are both always aligned the same? I'm going to be using that Maxxyz as my programming desk. Any insight would be helpful.

thanks!
  • use a LTC such as SMPTE to fire your cues....that way as long as the timcode source is good your cues will be spot on every time.

Be sure you "mark" your video clips using the Pause+Rewind playmode to be sure everything kicks off properly for every clip.

Hope this helps:)
  • Matt, Marty, I made the following trick on the latest DL university in Moscow, when DL2 projects flying Bird - sound effect of flying wings noise goes from CATALYST LITE SOFTWARE installed on MAC BOOK PRO. You should add a video content to your audio file first, when Catalyst can play the sound using PLAY AUDIO MODE. I added simple SLUG (or blank black output) with a name of the track used as a video part in Final Cut software and exported the file as quicktime movie. Using this approach you get 1 Button of the console for triggering Video from DL2 and Sound from Audio -out of CatalystLite, besides you may doulble check that the proper sound track is marked. Mac Book Screen will show the name. One more exciting thing that you can control the sound intensity by DMX as Well ! :) I don't know if it will work with a special made soundtracks, but it works good for simple stereo tracks.

I use this thing for making DL2 Sync with Sound on a RoadHog consoles, which haven't got MIDI yet

Best from HES Moscow
    Ivan