Updating loses the desk warranty

I am currently in Mexico doing a show, the local supplier got me a Hog3 + wings. So, the day started good! When I started the desk, I noticed they are running on build 988 (1.3.8). I asked them friendly if I could update the software as my show is programmed in 2.3.0, and of course the new software is much more improved and has more functions. The answer: NO, Absolutely NOT!!! And their reason: If they change the software, they lose their warranty on it. Because it was sold to them in working condition with this software, and changing that might get it to 'not' work, and it will not be the distributor's responsibility anymore. And the discussion ended here...

How can a distributor say something like this? I mean, newer software is in most of the times much better. The desk is more stable, more functions, happier LD's! If a desk really crashes, or whatever, there is still High End that can help them out. I even told them I was willing to put the old software back again, but still No for an answer.

Oh well, I'm starting to reprogramm my show and hope the desk hold's up and does not crash...
  • That's just not right.........

Sounds like an interpretation/ language barrier issue. Ever read a software licensing agreement?? Probably scared the buritto out of them.

A classic example why sometimes "don't ask...don't tell" really is the best policy.
  • It was a long day of programming untill doors, then continuing in blind mode untill show. But the show was there!
    Wow, what a difference between then and now. I hate to say it, but damn, what was that a crappy desk back then... It is funny to see some major differences in the layout and the working of the desk. I missed so much functions I just take for granted these days. And the desk crashed quite some times just programming like I use to do now. I noticed a blocking-column in the cuelist, where was that for?

Today was much better. Different city, different supplier. A brand new Roadhog, and they were very happy I was willing to update their desk :hogsign:

Oh well, you can't have everything everyday... Tomorrow an off-day, and tuesday and wednesday Colombia. Can't wait for the next challenge!

Gr.
    Pim
  • Obviously the local supplier is very mis-informed about the Wholehog product warranty. In no way do our software upgrades void warranty or service. We highly encourage software upgrades for our users and believe that they are essentially to getting the desk working its best. I would advise that supplier to contact our office if they have any concerns with updating their inventory's software.
  • [quote=PimmerPacK]I asked them friendly if I could update the software as my show is programmed in 2.3.0, and of course the new software is much more improved and has more functions. The answer: NO, Absolutely NOT!!! And their reason: If they change the software, they lose their warranty on it. Because it was sold to them in working condition with this software, and changing that might get it to 'not' work, and it will not be the distributor's responsibility anymore.

Well your first problem was to ask ;-)
Related