Studio Beam not Striking

midnight_gmidnight_g Registered User
edited February 2010 in HES Automated Lighting
Hello All, I know this might be a novice question, but it fits because I'm a definatly a novice. I have a Studio beam that will not strike. When I strike it manually I hear/feel the relay click over, but nothing happens. I'm thinking it's the ignitor. I just wanted to get other opinions on it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jude

Comments

• TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited March 2008
    if you are hearing the relay but not buzzing sound. Pull out the powersupply and check the fuses. The fuses are buried in the power supply. You will need an impact screwdriver to get the screws out, or will probably end up drilling them out. They are in insanely tight. You only have to remove the big screws not all the little ones.
  • midnight_gmidnight_g Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
    edited March 2008
    I found a blown fuse. A F12.5A 250V is what was in there. I called my local lighting comany said it's suppose be a F16A in there now. Can anyone confirm this? Just don't want to let the smoke out.

Jude

****EDIT*** Nevermind. Found on it the web site. The local company was right. Thanks again.
    edited March 2008
    Jan 10, 2001, 50FA021067. I luckily has two of the 16A ultra fast one hand (HES Part# 90402019) on hand from having a line filter fuse go out on another unit a few weeks back. Let me know if I did the right thing by replacing both 12.5 with 16s before I put it all back together (btw it is working now).
    edited March 2008
    Thanks!
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited March 2008
    did you manage to get the case apart without being too destructive
    edited March 2008
    Well, it was "pre-owned", so it looked like someone had already done all the hard work for me. I could tell something was missing from the Lamp PS case, but all I had to do was un-screew the 6 screws on the case and I was in. I guess I missed out on that "Fun".
  • djnik26djnik26 Registered User
    edited February 2010
    I am now having a similar problem, however I am hearing the relay and then the buzzing sound. Anything I can check myself before sending it in?