running Hog 3PC on a standalone PC

mderksenmderksen Registered User
Hello all, is there a way to get the Hog 3PC software to run on a standalone PC. I want to just play with the software at home before I begin looking into moving from the 2PC to the 3PC. it keeps wanting to find a server, but of course I'm not in a network environment at home. is there a setting I can play with anywhere to get past this and just fool around with the program?

Thanks!

-Matt

Comments

• Innovative IlluminationsInnovative Illuminations Registered User
    edited March 2008
    You have to follow the instructions to install the loopback adaptor. This "fools" HogPC into thinking its on a network. The instructions to do this are on the HogPC download page. If you downlaod the latest version of HogPC it will do all the work for you.
  • mderksenmderksen Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the feedback Calvin. I did in fact install the latest version of the software and was aware of the loopback feature. It even lists it as being installed. Below are the images I get when trying to start up a new show:

3PC%20screen1.jpg

Then....

3PC%20screen2.jpg

And finally...

3PC%20screen3.jpg

When I look at the Network settings It is pointing to the loopback adapter... any ideas? Also after installing the Hog3PC I lost internet connection. I had to uninstall/reinstall my cable modem. Ever heard of that before?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Sometimes things get a little wacky with the Loopback Adapter.:trink26:

Really you just need a valid IP to run H3PC, so if you are already connected to the internet for example you should be fine.

General rule of thumb I use when using Loopback is to disable all my other network connections from windows control panel.

Hope this helps:)
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Have you got any firewall running?
    If yes try to stop it.
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look into them when I get home.

Steph, I do run a firewall and was wondering if that could potentially be the issue. Not sure if I could just exclude the Hog3 directory or not. I thought I had told the firewall to let the app behave in any way that it wants... will let you all know how it turns out.

Side Question: I know Windows Vista is not officially "supported" but has anyone tried installing it on a Vista OS to see if it runs at all? I have a laptop with vista I was hoping I could run it on...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    mderksen wrote:
    Side Question: I know Windows Vista is not officially "supported" but has anyone tried installing it on a Vista OS to see if it runs at all? I have a laptop with vista I was hoping I could run it on...

H3PC will not even install on Vista, needs to be on XP.

H2PC will run on Vista though.
    edited March 2008
    Hog2 will but Hog3 won't?... that's pretty interesting.