Studio Color 575 Lamp Strike

chuckyboomchuckyboom Registered User
edited March 2008 in HES Automated Lighting
I have several Studio Color 575 fixtures that are having lamp strike issues. When I turn on the fixture and the fixture starts its homing process, the lamp LED comes on. I have tried swapping out the motherboards and the LPS and still when the fixture homes, it comes up with the same thing. I have also unplugged every cable on the motherboard with the exception of the power one and it still does the same thing. Anyone out there with any ideas of how to fix this our other ways to trouble shoot the problem.

Chuck

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Are you hearing the tick-tick sound of the ignitor trying to fire the lamp when you power up? If not it may be a bad ignitor.

Also you are using new lamps correct?

Hope this helps.:)
  • chuckyboomchuckyboom Registered User
    edited March 2008
    The problem I am experienceing is that the motherboard is detecting that the lamp is already struck and therefore it is not trying to strike the lamp and I have tried using, a new lamp, ignitor card, LPS, and motherboard and still recieve the same error.

Chuck
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Possibly bad wires between the ignitor and the lamp socket? Just a guess though.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2008
    yea, thats kinda all thats left to try..
    Good luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited March 2008
    How old is the unit? How many hours does it have on it?

Might be bad wires going to lamp socket. There is a replacement kit that includes the socket and all the wire. Install it right off the card, leaving old one in place. Insert lamp and fire it manualy from front buttons. If it works, bad wires, if not might be bad fire card in the arm.

Is it getting the 30-40 v at card when told to fire?
  • spainpatspainpat Registered User
    edited March 2008
    did you check the fuses? The ones in the arm...I was having the same problem and found out I had a bad fuse...
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Sorry,
    there are no fuses in the arm,
    only the ignitor card, which as far as I know, has no fuses.

Chris has a pretty good idea, that sounds very likely that it may be that cable..
    Pretty unusual, but I have had one go bad..
    Joshua Wood
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited March 2008
    I tend to see bad lamp wires on older 5+ years units. Either at the socket and it shorts out to the metal end piece or after it enters the fixture after traveling up the yoke arm. This is where it tends to twist due to the tilt of the unit going back and forth thousands of times.