Problem starting hog3 console..

AruvinAruvin Registered User
Hi all,

having problem starting my hog3 console.. whenever I start up, the screen just stay black after the probing disk..

Tried to do a clean install or upgrade by pressing the PIG, but nth seems to run, it just goes back to the menu page after I press "yes" to continue clean install.

Thx..

Comments

• barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Are you running v2.3.2? There was a bug in the upgrade of that version that causes stalls in the booting of the console. You should email support and let them know.
  • AruvinAruvin Registered User
    edited February 2008
    barnes2000 wrote:
    Are you running v2.3.2? There was a bug in the upgrade of that version that causes stalls in the booting of the console. You should email support and let them know.

Hi,

was trying to update to v2.3.1. frm previous version using the clean install method but fail. The console was runing fine, it just happen after I shut off and try to on again...
    edited February 2008
    Btw,

could a faulty batt cause the problem? Is there suppose to be lite on the batt led indicator when we power up the console?

Thx
  • edited February 2008
    Install 2.3.1 from an ISO, then upgrade to 2.3.2.

The HogIII ISO for 2.3.2 was withdrawn due to a boot issue that occurs on some consoles. I know it's scary to have your console not boot but there's nothing to worry about. The console just never finishes booting after a power cycle.

If you happen to have a copy of the 2.3.2 ISO for HogIII and Rack Unit that you downloaded during the brief window it was available, please discard it. If you need a copy of 2.3.1, it's available from the archive page
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/archive/
    edited February 2008
    Install 2.3.1 from an ISO, then upgrade to 2.3.2.

The HogIII ISO for 2.3.2 was withdrawn due to a boot issue that occurs on some consoles. I know it's scary to have your console not boot but there's nothing to worry about. The console just never finishes booting after a power cycle.

If you happen to have a copy of the 2.3.2 ISO for HogIII and Rack Unit that you downloaded during the brief window it was available, please discard it. If you need a copy of 2.3.1, it's available from the archive page
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/archive/

Hi thx for the reply..

Yap..tats wat I am trying to do..install frm an 2.3.1 ISO..using the PIG method. But, as above, the console just dosnt run or do anything when I click yes to continue install.. It just goes back to the menu page..:sad: and same goes to software upgrade onli..
  • amir877amir877 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Look like you don't burn it as an ISO image.
    edited February 2008
    amir877 wrote:

Hi,

was following the step frm the link using the nero burner... anyway, will try again..

thx
    edited February 2008
    amir877 wrote:

Thx..had tried to burn it again and it works! Problem solved after doing the clean install...

Cheers.:friday:
  • amir877amir877 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    My pleasure