RGB on HOG 3

skierskier Registered User
Hi all, I hope i'm not asking a dumb question but here goes!

I am new to Hog3 and wonder if there is a way to make the color encoders adjust RGB instead of CMY? I have read the benifits of CMY and the HUE and saturation mixing but would like to be able to use RGB as I did on the Hog2.

Many Thanks

S

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    If you are using LEDs that are RGB try using the RGB LED profile from the Generic library folder.

This will give you the option of using 1 of 3 different colour models: RGB, HSI, or CMY + Intensity

Otherwise it is easy to remember this:

Cyan = minus Red
    Magenta = minus Green
    Yellow = minus Blue

b/c in CMY you are always working away from white whereas in RGB you are working towards white.

Hope this helps:)
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    skier said:
    Hi all, I hope i'm not asking a dumb question but here goes!

I am new to Hog3 and wonder if there is a way to make the color encoders adjust RGB instead of CMY? I have read the benifits of CMY and the HUE and saturation mixing but would like to be able to use RGB as I did on the Hog2.

Many Thanks

S
    You'll find RGB under the Intensity encoders.
  • newdaynewday Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Dumb Question, but how do you change your encoder wheels to read cmy = intensity rather than the default rgb with the generic rgb led
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    Look I Red, I Green, I Blue are under intensity encoders. On the other hand Cyan Magenta yellow are under colour endocers.
    Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited July 2008
    And if you are on a full H3 desk then you can keep your encoders in Colour for CMY and use the I-Wheel for Intensity.

Hope this helps:)