GOTO - Macro

Hi,

Is there any chance of implementing a goto macro?

IE... GTM7/3

... this would work the same as the goto command on the desk....

.. so if the stack was active, then it would have the same result as using GM7/3

.. but if the stack was not active, then it would have it ready at the goto cue... but not fire the cue itself... so next time you hit go.. it would be on the correct cue.

Cheers.

Dan
  • Dan,

You said ". but if the stack was not active, then it would have it ready at the goto cue... but not fire the cue itself... so next time you hit go.. it would be on the correct cue."

This then woudl not be a "goto" but rather a "standby". I think that a goto macro is not needed as it can already be accomplished as you suggest with a GM7/3 However the idea of a standby macro is interesting. If this sounds correct, let me know and I will log this suggestion.

I hope you are doing well,
  • Hi Brad,

I suppose you might call it a standby macro....
    .... which would be cool....
    .... and I would definitely want one of these...

...... I had a more devious plan, and was trying to use current functionality...
    .. but have just checked on the Goto function, and I was wrong as to its implementation....

So....have a think about this one, and see what possible solution you come up with?

I am trying to create a single "pulse" button for each song page, that the operator hits in time to the music (I have a drummer whose tempo varies throughout each song, so chases aren't working for me)...
    ...so I am trying to get a variety of stacks to use this pulse as a trigger... but only when the stacks are active (I am turning the stacks on and off via macros in a master cuelist).
    The stacks are all simple color & shutter bumps...

I can't think of a macro function I can put in the pulse that will tell a stack to GO but only if it is currently active?
    ... I have created a rough workaround by having a separate HighPriority (50) Override stack with Color in it, for example, so the color bump (priority 20) is always triggered by the pulse (which fires all the bump stacks each time it is pressed), but I am using the Master Cuelist to trigger or release the Override stack when necessary....
    .. this is pretty complex... and wont let me have several color bumps (warm and cold for example)

I know its a wacky mission..... any ideas on a solution using current functionality?

The only other option is to create an option in a stack that waits for a TRIGGER (a bit like the manual option where it waits for a manual fade)... and to create a TRIGGER macro command?

D

PS.... I am well... have just got back from Uganda... loving the British cold weather...
  • I 2nd the idea of a "standby" macro. I often want to just pre-position a master on a cue so the next Go for that master plays the right cue. In fact, I usually want to do this across several masters so I can press the Go buttons at the right timing rather than trying to fit all the right keystrokes together in what could be a very small window.

--
    Kevin Montagne
    kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
Related