Cant run cuelist at 1/2 beat

Mikeal BaughmanMikeal Baughman Registered User
Greetings All.... What I'm Tryign to do is make a cue list run @ 1/2 a beat (48 pips) or 1/4 beat (24 pips).

Whats happening?

ok I have a cuelist w/ 2 simple intensity cues that i run as a chase. (set the tap sync now) In the "Step Length" field of the cuelist options window I type :0/48 <enter> (or 0.48 <enter> ) and get 48 pips .

If I Press the Master play button (choose of master selected befoe we began), it plays fine at 48 pips

then i close the cuelist options window and the cuelist stops!

reopen cuelist options window and what was 48 pips has become 48 BEATS! :Eyecrazy:

Am i doing something wrong???? (or do i smell a bug???) or are pips not valid??? THANKS Mike

I was using
HPC (b 1932)

(I will try it on our ROADHOG b1932 this weekend.)

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Mikeal,

The pips calculations have never been fully implemented within the code. Although they are there and can be displayed within editors with effects, the use of pips is not currently expected behaviour.

So you are correct when you say that pips are not valid. I also agree that there is a bug that will make it appear that pips are valid, then not accepted and changed to beats. I have logged this bug as #11491.

thanks,
  • Mikeal BaughmanMikeal Baughman Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Thanks 4 the info....

ok in the manual .....P272

Step Length: by default each cue step is the equivalent to a beat. This is
    helpful when you enter a rate using Tap Sync, but then wish the chase
    to step at half or double speed. For more on Tap Sync, see Adjusting
    Chase Rate with Tap Sync (p.273).

How can i double the speed?? Aside from tapping double speed?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2008
    enter 2 beat in "Step Length" cell, tap nominal speed, enter 1 beat in "Step Length", rate is double.
    Hope this help
    edited February 2008
    Thanks! i got it!!! i think?

But how can I re sync the cuelist by tapping the beat and the cuelist staying double time?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2008
    When we could have 0.5 beat it will be possible to tap 120 and play 60, invert is now possible (tape 60 and play 120).
    There is perhaps other solution i don't know.
    edited February 2008
    ok i think Feature Request.....(can i say that here?) "1/4 note = 1 beat or 96 pips, 1/8th note=48 pips, 1/16th note=24 pips etc....

pips or notes could be acceptable units for Step Length...??? That would be cool!!! I have been working on a cuelist with a need 4 this feature...

Thanks