Follow command not working

chrislighthallchrislighthall Registered User
Road Hog
v2.3.1

I have a cuelist with a follow command that is not working. I use plenty of follows in other cuelists and even some follows in the cuelist with the issue, but for some reason this one won't trigger.

I have tried halting it and re adding a new follow.

Any ideas.

This only happened after I updated the desks software from v2.2.2.

Chris

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Chris,

Again please send your show file to us and also let us know which cue(s) to look at.

thanks,
  • chrislighthallchrislighthall Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I will send you the file on Thursday when I am at the desk again.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2008
    Chris,

One thing to try is to copy the cuelist to a new cuelist and see if the follow cue works in the copy.
    edited February 2008
    I will try it right away.

Chris
    edited February 2008
    OK. That worked. I will use that new cuelist. Why would that happen?

Chris
    edited February 2008
    It is still broken. It worked fine when I tested it today, but during the show it did not fire when it came time to. The only thing I changed between testing and the show was that I moved the new cue list (the copied one) to where the original list was on the fader assignments. I did not test it after I moved the list.

Chris
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    You should probably send in your showfile.

:33: The fact that the list ran fine on its' own but not in your show makes me think that it might be something else somewhere in your show.

:33: Take a closer look at what else is happening in your show as far as other lists/scenes etc to make sure that nothing is being overriden by priority level or possibly stomped as well.

:33: Also look at what the fader and flash keys are assigned to do for this list...there may be something there that is causing a conflict for you.

I will use that new cuelist. Why would that happen?

When changing software versions things can happen like this....especially when improvements/changes have been made to how cuelists function as was the case in these software versions.

Hope this helps:)
    edited February 2008
    Sent the file in a couple days ago.

Already checked to see what is running in the background. Nothing is.

Worked fine up until software upgrade. Obviously something was broken in that patch. I am just wondering why it affects a single follow cue in a show full of stuff like that. I don't really expect an answer because I am sure it is a little more complicated than a simple answer.
    The fact that the list ran fine on its' own but not in your show makes me think that it might be something else somewhere in your show.

When I tested the cue I was essentially running the show. I did not just run a single cue. I commented early that after testing I moved the new cue list to the fader the old one was on. Maybe the problem lies in the fader assignment. I am not presuming to know where the problem is or how to fix it.

Chris
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2008
    I am curious if when you have this cuelist on the master and it fails to follow if it will then follow correctly if it is triggered by pressing it's block in the cuelist directory.
    edited February 2008
    I will try this Thursday when I am back on the show. If you wanted to know sooner, I sent Brad my show file this last week.

Thanks,
    Chris
    edited February 2008
    Ok.

I tried it today. No luck. Same outcome. I reloaded the show from a backup file and that didn't change anything.

Chris