(1932) Bug Report: Movement-Effect stopping

racefaceraceface Registered User
Software Version and build number: 2.3.1 (1932)
Number of displays: 1
Connected USB Devices: 0
Networked Devices: 1 x DP2000

I have programmed a timed cuelist for a 50s show part. In one of the first cues some movinglights are moving within an effect. But the problem is, that in cues, where othe lamps fade in or out, the movement stops for nearly a second. But the effect is not modified and runs through the whole show.

Could not attach the show file at the moment, will send it in the next days.

Greetz

Andy

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Andy,

Please do send your show to me via http://upload.highend.com and also send me an email or post here the exact cuelist and cue to look at.

thanks,
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2008
    Hey Andy,

Is the effect stopping with only certain cues or when you run any cue in the show? I assume what is happening is those fixtures are being tracked in the list where the other cues are being played and when we go to calculate state we wrongly assert values for a second that cause a glitch in the effect. Obviously a show file will help to clarify.
  • racefaceraceface Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Hey Brad, hey Chris,

I have sended the show file to Brad. It's the file MCI - Dresden_bck (4).hog3.tar.gz.

I had the problems inside List 7, in cue 3 the movement effect starts and is modified in cue 4. I think Chris is right, if I remember correctly the problem causes in the cues 6,7 and 11.

andy
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Andy.

I received your show file and we will take a look at this. Thanks for the details also as to where to look.
  • chrislighthallchrislighthall Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I have had this same problem. I will be running an effect and when I fire a cue that only affects color the pan and tilt will freeze for a second and then it looks like the fixtures jump to where they should have been.

Chris Lighthall
    edited February 2008
    Hey Andy,

I can see this with your show file. For whatever reason cuelist 8 is causing havoc with cuelist 7 when it gets to cue 6. The effect is simply dropped and then resumes. According to the cuelist window the effect is not getting stomped by list 8 but, if I lower the playback priority of list 8 the problem goes away. Somehow, as you have mentioned, the color parameters of cuelist 8 are causing a conflict with the effect running on cuelist 7.

I believe this is an existing bug. I will have to take a look. In any case, there appears to be an LTP issue here that has been around for a while.
    edited February 2008
    I don't know why this is occurring but I got a simplified reproduction of this bug down have logged a new defect (bug #11501) for this:

1) Trackspot at 0 pan and 0 tilt. Add a circle effect to pan and tilt.
    2) Record as cue 1 of list 1.
    3) Trackspot in pink.
    4) Record as cue 2 of list 1.
    5) Trackspot in the dot gobo.
    6) Record as cue 1 of list 2
    7) Play cue 1 of list 1 (effect will run as expected)
    8) Play cue 1 of list 2 (effect continues to run and gobo is added)
    9) Play cue 2 of list 1 (effect will stop for two seconds and then resume)

Setting playback priorities does solve the problem.

This has been going on in the software at least since 1.3.9 so there was already probably a defect open for this but this repro is much cleaner. We will make sure development takes a look at this issue.