HOG 3PC Wysiwyg connection problem

wizardwizard Registered User
As we recently updated our Wysiwyg licence to the new release 21, we are experiencing problems connecting hog pc to it. Using the latest updated versions of both Hog 3 PC and Wysiwyg connectivity software, I manage to get it to work locally on my computer.

When trying to use hog pc on another computer, it does not work. The computers are talking too each other. The hog pc softwares detect each other and I can connect to a network show, so obviously, it's not a network settings problem.

The same setup we are trying now was used before christmas with an earlier version of hog pc and wysiwyg, but worked completely fine then.

I have also tried using old versions of hog pc and connectivity software to the new wysiwyg, and it still doesn't work.

Anyone else have the same problem after upgrading wysiwyg?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2008
    Does the virtual OB that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen able to connect to Hog3PC that is running on the other computer? If so then this is probably a problem with WYG connecting to our OB.
  • wizardwizard Registered User
    edited February 2008
    No, the OB doesn't connect to HOG pc on another computer, that was what I was thinking as well, that something have changed in WYG since the previous release. But it makes so little sense that it works when all software is on the same computer and not when it's going through a network connection...
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Hi Wizard.
    I'm Using the latest version of wyg with actually no problem.
    I think the problem you are experiencing is due to the loopback adapter.
    When enabled your wyg application will bind to this adapter whatsoever.
    Open your device manager and click on the node manager tab.
    click on discover. If your Ip address is the one your loopback adapter has then you need to disable your loopback adapter close your wyg and open it again to get it bound to your lan adapter.
    Open your device manager again to make sure it is actually bound to your lan adapter.
    Now you should be able to connect hogpc and wyg on two different pcs via crossover or switch.
    Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
    edited February 2008
    I don't have the loopback adapter installed on this computer. So that seems unlikely to be the problem.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I would make sure that all your other network connections are disabled...including wireless.

How are you connecting the two PCs? Direct via crossover cable or through a switch? If a switch...what type+speed is it?
    edited February 2008
    Using crossover cable. As I said, the computers are speaking to each other perfectly, when using the same connection and starting hog pc on both computers, the programs speaks fine to each other and I can connect to the show on the other one. It's just wyg that isn't working. All other network connections are disabled.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2008
    Sinvr the OB doesn't connect to HOG pc on another computer then this problem is occurring on the OB to desk connection. Try going into C:\Program Files\Flying Pig Systems\Wholehog III Connectivity and delete the two .dll files in that folder. Then rerun the connectivity driver installer, reboot, and try to connect again. If you continue to have trouble feel free to call our support team here in Austin. Mitch or one of those fellas can get ya back on track.